The Will of Arthur Flabbington - Kickstarter campaign

Waaaait a second, you’ll say: isn’t this basically just Guga's Adventure Game Thread but new?

Sort of. But this is about the upcoming Kickstarter campaign that aims at funding voice acting :smiley: it deserves a thread by itself.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guga2112/the-will-of-arthur-flabbington-voiceover

Please follow the project, spread the word, anything that can help poor little Guga complete his vision!

11 Likes

I’ll tell my Discord friends. :wink:

2 Likes

:point_up:
Yes peeps, read the top post!

1 Like

:date: We have a date! :date:

The campaign will start on Friday, February 10th

Stay tuned :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That’s tomorrow. NO PRESSURE!

2 Likes

I really can’t stop thinking about it and it’s driving me nuts. Never again :laughing:

4 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guga2112/the-will-of-arthur-flabbington-voiceover/

IT’S LIVE!

Please back it and tell everyone about it :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

You need 4000 CHF for a German translation? :thinking: Seems expensive. How many lines are in the game? (If you would like to reveal this information. :wink: )

3999, please :face_with_monocle:

There are many factors. I had a quote for 3000 give or take, but the extra 1000 come from the fact that 6000 is a base goal that’s barely covering the voiceover cost. The actual goal would be 7500, but I’m willing to put some of my own money into it if the campaign barely reaches 6000.

Also you have to factor in taxes and the KS percentage :wink:

5 Likes

The voice actors will be the same of the demo?
Were they the same behind Lucy Dreaming?

Yes and no. Jack will still be voiced by Tom Hardwidge and Mme Julia by his wife Emma (who are the respectively author and the voice of Lucy, yep), but I have a new voice for Arthur and of course there are many other characters that will appear in the second part :smile:

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity… How you guessed this?

I believe Guga told it on this forum a long time ago, but I was definitely not sure. Or I read it in the credits after finishing the demo.

3 Likes

If I pay 8 CHF, I’ll get a digital copy on Steam and Itch.io - is this correct? :smiley:

Hello, do you already have a game music composer?

1 Like

Steam or itch :smile:

@Ascari

4 Likes

Ehhhh, things aren’t going well. Unless things change in the long run, I guess the game will come out without voices :slightly_frowning_face:

Let’s inform as many people as we can, through any means!

3 Likes

It might be an excellent time to utilize AI voice software to get some A-list voice actors for free before proper laws are written regarding that stuff. I kid, sort of. I’d also happily record some English lines, if it fails to get traction.

Earlier this week I was going to contact Seroise Dunbar, of The Adventure Game Podcast, to ask him to mention Guga’s game on the podcast. When I entered the podcast’s webpage, I noticed he had already interviewed Fabio about the Kickstarter :rofl:

5 Likes