Thimbleweed Merch

Do you still have the invoice? The invoices I have state clearly that it is an export (“Reason for export …”), that the package was send by airmail and that the “City of Origin” is the US.

Yes, that’s the shipping company. Fangamer uses DHL in the US if you chose the standard shipping method. It is cheaper, so they used it for the Kickstarter stuff.

According to the note from DHL, my parcel at the customs office is also from Fangamer send via DHL. I assume that’s the Kickstarter stuff.

I order three items from fangamer:

• 1x Thimbleweed Park Collector’s Game Box
  • 1x Thimbleweed Park Trading Cards
  • 1x Thimblecon ‘87 T-shirt’

The shipping to Austria costs $12.11 with DHL eCommerce Packet Plus.

That’s the standard where you have to pay the duty to your customs office after the parcel arrived in Austria.

I don’t remember any proper invoice at all. I just noted that those packages had return addresses in Germany and it even wasn’t apparent it came from Fangamer at all by looking at the sticker (well the poster tube has Fangamer written all over it :slight_smile:).

Until ~2016 all packages from them came directly from USA with proper customs declaration and all.

What happened?

I don’t know, it was just an observation. Maybe they ship a bunch of packages into EU first and then ship them individually?
(Although those shipping rates used by Fangamer which handle customs where actually from USPS and not from DHL)

Why not all EU related packages? :slight_smile:

I mentioned that above. :wink: If you order via DHL you have to pay the customs in your country after the shipping.

Yeah but what I am saying is that I haven’t payed customs and I can’t even pay if I’d like to, because those packages came from inside EU.

Let’s see how the next packages will come. I’m still waiting for TWP box and I’ve also ordered bunch of stuff like @thomas (DHL eCommerce Plus)

My Kickstarter box was sent by Fangamer in Arizona. It arrived in Frankfurt/Germany first before it was sent to Berlin. As mentioned above, a German return address was on top. However, there was a table of contents with everything named and priced in a plastic envelope attached on the outside of the card board box. There was also a green sticker “Von zollamtlicher Behandlung befreit.”

So I had no problems with DHL and Fangamer.

I´m starting to suspect @someone might be on some kinda watchlist. :thinking:

Have you only got the box and nothing else? If the price of the content is low, then chances are high that you don’t have to pay the duty/taxes. Have a look at the official site of the German custom office (link goes to a German page but you can switch to an English version at the top):

http://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Postsendungen-Internetbestellungen/Sendungen-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Internetbestellungen/internetbestellungen_node.html

I assume that in your case the custom office thought that the value of the box and the added shipping costs were below 22 Euros.

Hehe, in that case my whole family would be on a watchlist. :wink:

Isn´t that how this works, though? Everyone who is close to you or in any way, shape or form has been in touch with you, like on the internet…oh shit! :scream:

1 Like

wanting that book and the Thimblecon shirt.

Yes, that’s right. Aaa, I see now.

Exactly, 22 euros is the limit. Below that, no duties are charged.
Hope Fangamer will fill the paperwork giving the box one third of its value :laughing:

I hope this is a joke. I cant be sure though since I ppl told me similiar things in all seriousness.
Just looking at conversion rates is bollocks.

We all know what conversion rate is, come on. No need to discuss it, and no need to be rude.

Anyway six months ago the rate was 1:1, so if prices of goods and services in the USA haven’t globally raised of 20% in half an year, then Zak’s calculations aren’t so wrong…
Anyway they seem more accurate than yours, pal :wink:

Ehm… You can just buy them? :slight_smile:

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/thimbleweed-park

Well… try googling “EUR/USD” by yourself.
If I purchase $100, I pay around €80.
It’s like having a 20% off on the grand total.

Then I suggest that we all order in Russia: 100 Euros are 6912 RUB at the moment. :wink:

1 Like