Thimbleweed Merch

Aaaaaaaaaaand it’s gone!

(do you recognize the citation?)

2 Likes

I have decided to postpone my purchase. I wanted to make a big order which would have included the box but the box will not be available until late November and the standard shipping method (about 50 dollars, not tracked) could take up to six weeks, meaning that if I make the order now, there is a risk that the goods could arrive next year. :smiley:

I could order only the products that are currently in stock, but I don’t want to, because I’m mainly interested in the merchandise that is currently not available. I could also choose the other (faster) shipping method, but it would cost 85 dollars and… at this point my rational brain took care of the situation and told me that I would be an idiot to spend now all this money to get something so late.

I prefer to wait for the merchandise to be available, getting it now or next year doesn’t make so much difference to me.

Anyway, for European customers these shipping costs are a massacre.

1 Like

I just ordered the boxed version of the Game, and the trading cards and already kind of regret I didn´t buy the mug too :slight_smile:
But thinking of the shipping cost and the probably (for sure) coming tax and customs fee on top, I´m kind of happy I dind´t.

That’s strange, I made my order on Fangamer (just the box) this morning:
$40.00 + $15.21 for shipping (DHL tracked).
You know, expenses for shipping raises proportionally to the goods’ weight.
How many items did you include in your order?

if you are in Italy and buy from the US , remember you have a 50% chance that the goods are held at customs for 2/3 months. And then they make you pay about 1/3 of the price as customs fee, IIRC.

(For some reason, this never happens if you buy from China. Some trade deals between countries?)

It was a big order, they were six items. The order included the Art Book and the Collector’s Box, which I presume are the heaviest items.

In your case the DHL shipping is 27.5% of the whole cost.

In my case the DHL shipping would have been 34% of the whole cost.

oh wow didn´t recognize you had that much for shipping. for the Collector´s Box and the Trading Cards, I had 11$ for shipping to Germany

OK, let’s see the things from another point of view: if you consider that 1 euro = 1.20 $, you have a 20% discount anyway, thanks to the currency conversion :slight_smile:

In my experience, it was the opposite. Parcels from China, if they arrive at the BGY international airport (BGY = Bergamo Orio al Serio), customs block is almost certain.
Unless the seller sends the package by following a complex route.
Items ordered from USA, via express couriers, have never been charged by customs fees.
Lucky? I don’t know. It’s just my experience.

wow, strange. I order sports equipment from China like 50 times in the last 8 years, and never had customs. I ordered from Amazon US like 5 times and almost always had customs.

This mostly has to do with people who ship not knowing how to fill out paperwork. One reason we went with Fangamer is they know how to do this. If you have any questions, drop them an email at orders@fangamer.com. They can answer any questions.

3 Likes

Quick question: When will the art book pdf be available for the backers?

Sorry I have to say this, but from my experiences this is not completely true. :wink:

At least for me they just offer two shipping methods: With DHL they just give the package to DHL. With this method you have to pay the duty when the package arrives. In some countries (like Germany) you may have luck that they “overlook” the package, but you can’t rely on that. The second shipping method is via UPS. You have to pay a lot more, but in this case UPS handles the duty for you.

In both cases Fangamer just fills out the necessary papers for the transport company but they don’t seem to know how the packages are handled by DHL or UPS. And they couldn’t answer my corresponding questions regarding the (handle of) the duty properly (they just stated that I have the choice between those two shipping methods and that I have to chose the correct one).

The shippments via DHL had the standard invoice as I knew it from a typical delivery. In my case Fangamer set all prices to 0, so the costs for the shippements were 0 Dollars and the products costs 0 Dollars. This is horrible because now I have to prove to the (German) duty what I’ve paid for the package. I have to print out the (e-mail) confirmation from Fangamer. Otherwise the (German) duty department is allowed to guess the value of the package contents. So if I don’t have luck (and the e-mail confirmation), I have to pay a higher duty as necessary. The latter problem is the case with the Kickstarter stuff because in the only confirmation e-mail I got, only the content of the package(s) is listed. So after having already “fun” with the duty and Fangamer packages, I’m really looking forward to the discussion with my duty officer(s) about my Kickstarter package(s). :slight_smile:

So yes, Fangamer knows how to send parcels to other countries, but they could improve this. :slight_smile:

Only cases I remember packages were held at customs was because a sender forgot to write his adress on the package.

On top of the usual duty stuff it´s really annoying because (I don´t know how it is in other places) but my local customs office is in a far off rather sleazly harbour area, that´s really hard to reach…yuk…

In my case all parcels from the US were held so far. Even the ones from our family.

Yes, similar situation here. I have to drive several miles/kilometers to the office. That’s another reason why I would appreciate if Fangamer could handle the duty and all other stuff.

Was this a backer reward? I never had such problems with direct orders from Fangamer shop.
I also don’t remember such issues with recent backer rewards I’ve received from them (note: the most recent shipments from Fangamer were actually sent from Germany!).

Is the pillow bear coming as a buyable merch item? Just saw this pillow bear / bear bag at the airport:

Yes, one parcel with the “0 price” was a backer reward. But it wasn’t a backer exclusive thing.

Nope. Got a message today that I have to go to the customs office. And there is another order underway that is shipped from the US too.

The last packages from Fangamer were one in May (mostly TWP merchandise) and the most recent one is the TWP poster (some days ago). They didn’t come directly from USA but had a return address in Germany. I think they came both via DHL.