Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

Can we provide a “first draft” pack of audio files and then substitute them later?

If yes, we can give you a first set in a short time, and then work in improving the acting and audio quality.

After having seen you playing Zak McKracken in italian with my own eyes, with success, I think you can make everything! :smiley:

1 Like

Quick update: Over the last few months, the Italian dub team and I have been discussing multi-language support for Rhubarb Lip Sync. I recently released Rhubarb 1.9, which comes with basic support for non-English recordings. If you’re interested, check out this video, which features a special guest appearance by @Guga.

7 Likes
5 Likes

I really like your Franklin voice, Ema! It sounds like you’ve captured the mannerisms of that character very well :blush:

5 Likes

:blush:

1 Like

Your voice suits well the character of Franklin, Ema. Too bad Delores is still not assigned. Chuck is great! Meanwhile I’m almost at half of the cutting and checking of the Ransome’s lines. This project is getting better every time I look at it. Nice!

4 Likes

Thank you for your nice words, my friends. I found really nice of @tasse-tee she remembered immediately Franklin was me… :slight_smile:
Anyway I must humbly admit the best voice here is from the actor who plays Chuck.
His name is Alessandro, and he is a great actor. He knew about the project recently, but gave me such a great Chuck and introduced me to two good actresses we’re going to use in the dub. I’m currently casting a third girl introduced by Alessandro for the role of Delores. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot. Please, share the link to this video. We need to spread the word :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those hand gestures of Chuck look great in Italian too! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

68065457-stock-vector-gesturing-funny-cartoon-bold-man-with-mustaches-set-of-gestures-and-humoristic-explanations-below-il

4 Likes

Are you sure they aren’t mustache gestures? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Last update:
We went very slow for this whole last year. But we’re going on. Right now we are working on training our new delores which is the LAST character we need to record. In the next two weeks she’ll begin recording.

4 Likes

I’m coming to Italy in couple of weeks. There should be some spare time (an hour or two) so I can do all the voices.

6 Likes

Hi folks!
We are happy to announce that… :drum::drum::drum:
… we have ALL the lines recorded!!! :champagne::clinking_glasses:

Now, we must split Delores’ lines into single sentence files, do some retakes and test the whole dubbing into the game, but we can say that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

:ray: :reyes: :delores: :ransome: :franklin:

10 Likes

Wow! I will congratulate you on the finish line, but this is already an amazing feat.

1 Like

Yeah! Contrats! That sounds very very very good! Can’t wait to play TWP with Italian voices. :smiley:

2 Likes

You forgot the beeping. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gz!

5 Likes

Yeah, now we’re into a very boring part of the project…
But I’m confident we’ll complete it. The most difficult part was to find the actors and get the recordings.
And we achieved that. Postproduction is only a matter of patience and time. No intellectual effort in it.

5 Likes

1 Like