Thimbleweed Park Versions

On the Mac? Or mobile? If it was mobile, it was most likely the game running out of memory. Mobile devices has really bad memory managment, and when memory gets low, they just kill you.

Yes, it was on my MacBook. But itā€™s from 2010, so probably just too slow. With versions before the last one, I didnā€™t have any problems. It happens most of the times when I use the map.

1 Like

I have my GOG Thimbleweed Park copy, received using the code contained in the collectorā€™s edition box.
The downloaded game version, in October 2017, was .951
Now I wish to update the game to the latest version (.958) but I donā€™t know how to do it:

• from GOG.com site, I log in, I see TWP in my game list, but no update option

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

1 Like

Just search for ā€œThimbleweed Parkā€ in your list, download the current version and install it. There is no update mechanism (if you donā€™t use the Galaxy client).

1 Like

Thanks. But it says that I must purchase the game again (ā‚¬19.99)
Is that normal?

1 Like

No. Are you logged in with the correct account?

Try the following: In the menu (at the top of the page) move the mouse over your name (donā€™t click on it!). Now a new menu opens. Click on ā€œGamesā€. Enter ā€œthimbleā€ in the search field (you can just start to type, the field should be active). Do you see now an entry for Thimbleweed Park?

1 Like

You could also try to refresh your account: https://www.gog.com/user/refresh
Try to logout and login again.

1 Like

found it!
Thereā€™s the list of installer or new patches.
Thank you pals!

2 Likes

Hi

Why are there question marks in the Wiki section? Especially the build number of the current version which appears in the Wiki as ā€œ???.958ā€ - I got the latest version from GOG, and the build number is 1421.958 (Windows)

In addition, there was a build 1410.938 at some point, as can be seen in this video - Thimbleweed Park Hard Mode How to use the arcade - YouTube
This build number seems to be skipped in the Wiki - thereā€™s 1394.938, but not 1410.938. I suppose it has to do something with the platform, but unfortunately itā€™s not clear from the video which platform is used.

Iā€™ve just stopped tracking the version numbers a long time ago (due to the lack of time). Feel free to add them in the fist Wiki post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I only have the latest GOG version, so I donā€™t have enough info to update the Wiki :slight_smile:

By the way, I read that a demo was available in the very first release, but couldnā€™t find a video of it. Did it contain puzzles or dialog thatā€™s not in the actual game?

Also - do you know how I can get older versions of the game on GOG (or in any other way)?

You could add that version. :slight_smile:

AFAIK a demo was never released. The first release was fully playable.

No, sorry. You can read the changelog (via ā€œmoreā€¦ā€). AFAIK you can return to an older release on Steam - but as Iā€™m not using that platform actively Iā€™m not sure if my memory tricks me. :wink:

btw: Are you sure? To me GOG is showing the numbers like in the first post. (Windows build is 19287).

The Demo Iā€™m referring to is mentioned in this thread, and it was possible to activate it in the first release of the game - Thimbleweed Park Versions - #3 by geckoespresso

You can return to older versions on Steam but not GOG!? Wow, thatā€™s a huge disadvantage to DRM-free :frowning:

Ah, that demo mode. :wink: AFAIR that mode just started a testing/debugging feature where the game plays itself.

Well, Iā€™m not sure about Steam. But on GOG it looks like that it is possible with the Galaxy client:

I havenā€™t that client so I canā€™t say if it works or not.

This is interesting information about the Galaxy client. However, itā€™s not clear if I can get older versions that were released before I purchased the gameā€¦

Try it out. :wink:

Oh, the memoriesā€¦ [put melancholic violin aria here]

@Grahame : here is a post containing a video of how TesterTron 3000ā„¢ worked:

1 Like