Things to do while waiting for RtMI

It will be countless weeks (I lied, it’s three) until Return to Monkey Island is released.

So what to do until then?
What are you going to do to kill time now that you have seen the whole Netflix library thanks to the pandemic?

I thought I might get some Lego and build something!

As a kid I played with and build Lego’s non-stop. I’m sure it’s like riding a bike.

Yep, I'm going to build the Colosseum, here the first work-in-progress:

Also:
I’ll post regular picture of my progress.

Yep, plagiarism is my middle name (just kidding, my middle name is “Eyeless Puppy Guy”).

4 Likes

I’m learning to juggle.

3 Likes

I’m playing Sierra’s Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dream Dry Twice.

4 Likes

I’m working on my game. I need to have the alpha ready before the 19th, so I can send it to my testers while I play RtMI.

And my testers will totally play my game instead of RtMI, right?

5 Likes

I’m trying to get my mind back in puzzle-solving shape in time for RtMI, just solving puzzles around the house, “how’d that spider get in here?”, that kind of thing.

6 Likes

I am polishing my translation of MI2.

Needs a lot of wood polish, still.

7 Likes

You can polish a Dutch translation but can you dutch a Polish translation?

5 Likes

Knives, chainsaws, and rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle?
Or general life responsibilities, family, secret second family…?

Both: the metaphorical need led to the stress-relieving hobby.

1 Like

What are you going to do to kill time

I’m writing several letters to send to Ron Gilbert, divided in two groups. The first group will be sent in case RtMI is good, the second in case it is bad. This second group is made with newspaper cutouts, a lovely touch I believe.

8 Likes

Send a copy of each in the same envelope right now, with a third note that instructs Ron to read the appropriate one based on whether Return is good or bad, and thank him.

4 Likes

I’m killing time slowly by feeding time a steady diet of high fructose corn syrup, sodium, and preservatives.

5 Likes

Oh dear… :astonished:
The way you’ve phrased it makes it sound so nice and innocent. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For those who are bouncing off the walls in anticipation, you may want to play this little freebie, reminiscent of the first two MI chapters: Powers in the Basement by IlliterateCodeGames

Hope it can kill your time while waiting for the big stuff! :slight_smile:

Disclaimer 1: I’m the author of the game.
Disclaimer 2: I checked around this forum and found nothing against self promotion, so I hope I’m not violating any rule of the forum. In such case, mods please tell me and I’ll remove this message.
Disclaimer 3: This little game would never have been if I didn’t play the original MI back when I was 12, so thanks Ron, Tim and Dave!

10 Likes

Trust me guys, this game is great.

Also he’s one of the co-authors of Where Wolf, which I believe you already played because if you haven’t played all my games we can’t be friends anymore.

7 Likes

Been there, done that!

It made me swear a lot, but it was a good time!

What mods?

gene-wilder-young-frankenstein

2 Likes

Lego Report 1

That's the current state after the first couple of steps:

Also it’s done.

This is the second largest Colosseum I have ever built!

I have 8880 parts remaining, strange. Lego is like Ikea :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

1 Like