To be or not to be

After six additional questions the majority of the TWP forum gives the following advice:

To be happy, Sandy must not swim in radioactive grog.

I think that this wise wisdom is not only valid for Sandy but for all others out there. So if you would like to be happy, stop your bath in radioactive grog!

Many thanks to all voters! :slight_smile: (At least I had a little bit fun with the game… :wink: )

7 Likes

How many possible combinations are there?

1 Like

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 5 = 320

(You can easily add more words to the sentence and get more possibilities, but I thought that seven words are enough. :wink: )

1 Like

Is it just a game, or are there some deeper psychological thoughts behind? Especially the first 3 - 4 choices seem to allow some conclusions as to the voters mood/character at that time. The last few appear more arbitrary, but who knows what can be deducted from seemingly random tidbits of information.

Kinda reminds me on those “psychological tests” you’d used to find in TV magazines, where each answer had a score assigned and after tallying everything up you’d get your personality revealed (“You’re a nihilistic, female supporter of nuclear energy with a minor drug problem” or some such).

2 Likes

This one vote for water was me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, in this case it’s just a funny game. But it could indeed turned into a psychological experiment - if you chose the parts of the sentence more clever than I did. :wink:

In this case I had to construct a sentence where you can “swap” each word and the sentence is still valid. These first words helped with that.

Yes, but these are also games (mostly). :wink:

The goal of my game was just to build a funny sentence that still makes sense. The origin was an exercise to train the creativity of the team members. In a similar (and more popular game) each player has to add one word to a sentence to complete that sentence.

But very interesting are psychological tests with the so called swarm intelligence: Put a glass with marbles on a table and let the people guess how many marbles are in it. If you calculate the average from these guesses, the result is very close (or equal) to the real amount of marbles in the glass. But this works only if you have enough “players”. (I originally thought about to let you guess the specks of dusts on a screenshot… :wink: )

2 Likes

Actually I was surprised how many voted for the grog. :slight_smile: I thought the result would be more close between those alternatives.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s wrong with people:
There is NO GROG IN MANIAC MANSION! (Not even in Thimbleweed Park, except books.)

3 Likes

I guess the presence of an alcoholic beverage like that would have seriously raised the games rating.

2 Likes

Although the alcohol part (rum) is probably the only ingredient SOMEWHAT safe giving to a kid…

Edit: I’m talking about proper Grog XD, not Diet Grog!

2 Likes

What about Cherry Grog or Grog Zero?

2 Likes

Well, and I learned it today :slight_smile: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Does it mean the same as “beer me”? I love that expression.

I had “To be happy, Sandy has to swim in non-radioactive grog”
Which looks almost to be the same advice. Except that in one case she can stay dry while in my case she’ll smell awful.

In your case her skin has an addiction to potentionally toxic liquid. Not cool.

For some reason I had to think of bar jokes now.

Like this one: Buttersafe » A Guy Walks into a Bar III

To be or not to be.

1 Like

But she glows in the dark. Saves money for the lighting in the night.

1 Like

Well. Between MM and TWP, Sandy went from Cindy Lauper to Courtney Love. So it is not that far fetched.

3 Likes

That is a real good comparison actually. I fear for Dave´s future.

2 Likes

Among people I know that means ‘get me a beer’.

To ‘bottle’ someone also has the same meaning as ‘glass’, and likely more painful :persevere: