To beep or not to beep - that is the question

I don´t think he does but his british cousin Lord Ransomeworth Whoopeecushion Esq. Duke of Harlequin II. OBE indulges in this most unorthodox nastiness quite a brit…eh…bit. :face_with_monocle: :uk:

4 Likes

I’ve remembered where it is now :slight_smile:

I can confirm this – he lives next door and makes all the neighbours very cross. I’m ashamed to say that once I had no choice but to wag my finger at him.

2 Likes

You tea sippers all know each other, do you? I guess @tasse-tee and @boosegoose are also in the neighbourhood…

2 Likes

Tally ho, wot wot! :face_with_monocle: :coffee:

Shame on you! I hope you apologised to that young man the very next day for that unprecedented outburst of impatience.

1 Like

65 posts were split to a new topic: Language Discussion

Mostly what I heard during development was nothing… voice wasn’t added until pretty late, so all we had was the text. Once voice was completed, I immediately began beeping Ransome’s lines, so other than hearing the “raw” lines during the editing process, I really didn’t hear them in context while playing the game.

So… for me, I’m much more used to hearing Ransome’s beeped lines. Hearing them unbeeped in context is (for me) pretty hilarious. I’d probably opt to play it that way, unless I had a kid in the room. Or my wife. Or…

8 Likes

I’ve noticed I have to reset the Ransome DLC every time I load my game. I guess it’s not set to keep it ticked for ‘safety’ reasons.

Maybe you would like to ask that @RonGilbert?

I can confirm that. I am not sure if this has been intended, but at least it’s not game-breaking.

Yeah. I’m assuming it’s because of the explicit nature.

1 Like

Phew, done :slight_smile: This game is always way longer than I remember. Did it in about 5.5 hours this time though, which is definitely my quickest in hard mode. I don’t know if I needed to do it on hard to get the Messy World achievement, but it seemed like cheating otherwise!

Another of my favourite Ransome uncensored lines is when I tried to make him ignite the dynamite before putting it on the door. “Good idea, but not while I’m still holding the fuckin’ C4!”

1 Like

Wow that’s an impressive time. I think I never went below the 7 hours, and maybe not even…

Yeah, I was quite surprised as it’s taken me ages before. I do feel a bit nauseous.

Just checked my last save on PS4 and it says 5 hours 51 minutes. But it was my first playthrough on the console so I might have concentrated on picking up specks and other achievements, too.

Casual says 92 minutes.

That’s pretty quick if you were stopping to do active achievements. I was skipping some dialogue there, too. My autosave at the wireframe world said 5 hours so I estimated on top of that.

I think my casual playthrough was about the same as yours, but I’m going to check (this is a good reason to get out of bed).

Just a note: I moved the debate about Bavarian accent and various language nuances here in order to keep the beeping topic on track: Language Discussion

5 Likes

Ironically we minded too much language in a topic that´s about an update that doesn´t mind language.

1 Like

Yes, this was done for kid-friendly reasons.

7 Likes

Could you add a hidden permanent switch for kid free households, maybe?
And why is it in the video menu, when it only affects audio?

1 Like

Maybe you should add a hint with the next update so that a player (and @PiecesOfKate) isn’t confused if it turns automatically off…