Ransome Appreciation Thread

I just wanted to say thank you to Ron and Gary for giving us Ransome the clown. Within 10 minutes of his introduction he became nearly as enduring as characters like Guybrush and Stan.

Well done. The “wang” line near the end had me doubled over… It was so perfect.

5 Likes

If I hadn’t already cosplayed a crazy clown, I might even cosplay that beephole. He’s a great character. His ending had me in tears

I love the line about his ex-wife’s beeps at the end, as well as trying to sell an autograph to his lawyer. I genuinely felt sad when I tried to get his ‘bad’ ending.

1 Like

Ransome was awesome, in his own way. He pronounced the only line in the game that made me actually laugh out loud:

Chuck: All in favor of being crushed by robot claws and burned by lasers and remaining pathetic mortals, say "Aye."
Ray: Aye.
Reyes: Aye.
Delores: Aye.
Ransome: Abstain.

The comedy effect was of course top notch thanks to the ability of Ransome’s voice actor, Ian James Corlett.

5 Likes

Agreed. That was a highlight for me too. Subtle.

I really want to hear the uncensored version. Looking forward to it very much. Ransome really is an outstanding character, but the acting is superb.

3 Likes

But, isn’t the BEEEPING 99% of the charm?

2 Likes

I want a full Ransome spin-off game.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be awesome! :slight_smile:

It’s a great character indeed, great voice acting and his story arc was my favorite from all playable characters. :slight_smile:

Reyes and Ransome and Delores are my faves.

Everything Ransome says is hilarious, but for some reason, when he reads the note from the mailman: “I’m not going to look for you all over the circus grounds”

2 Likes

Those are also my favourite characters.

1 Like

Ransome was wonderful and you could expect it, but I really liked Ray and the Sheriff/Coroner/Manager. Their voices are just perfect.

2 Likes

I remembered the blog post in which the team explained the brainstorming phase to select “the right Ransome” among a few candidates. Octavi’s ideas were all beautiful but the one that they chose felt special since the first moment:

The original blog post: https://blog.thimbleweedpark.com/refining_ransome

6 Likes

Ransome was a very interesting character for me. Even before the game was out, I didn’t like him - too obnoxious. But while playing with him, he totally grew on me, and now I feel he’s one of the best characters in the game.

1 Like

I found it endearing that he cared for his hamster :smiley:

1 Like

I imagine Ransome´s Tonight Show appearance probably looked a lot like this:

1 Like

I thought :ransome: was very well played by the voice actor. Also, credit must be given to whomever wrote his lines, for they fit perfectly to that archetype. Together, the dialog and the voice acting, made :ransome: a very memorable character. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Sorry to you and to everybody for the OT, but [quote=“LowLevel, post:14, topic:219”]
I remembered the blog post
[/quote]

this reminded me that since I started reading your posts I was wondering which was your name on the blog. You know, just for continuity, I’d like to know it since probably we used to interact there, too :slight_smile:

I think he was a lurker.