Truberbrook - Adventure game

Good to know about the window size. I’ll try that. The lagging cursor drives me nuts.

@besmaller thanks for your thoughts! We have somewhat similar taste in games so this gives me hope that I might enjoy it as well.

1 Like

Finally:

Getting hold of non-AAA titles in physical form isn’t a task for the faint of heart in this day and age. Been in two shops on the weekend, and even considered visiting the local GameStop (which closed down, as I found out then; not that they’d be a reliable source of PC games). Long story short, I had one of the other shops order it and picked it up after work today.

There’s a 20 page booklet, a DVD with a Windows Steam installer and a card with a Steam key. It’s not ideal, but if the game turns out to be good enough to revisit in the future, I can always get a DRM free copy for a couple € from GOG in a few years.

Can’t say much about the actual game yet, because it does not even launch :-(. I get a splash screen followed by a screen to adjust gamma settings, and as soon as I hit apply it’ll crash to desktop. Seems to need some more work …

Update: leaving it sit on that gamma screen for a while finally coerced it to run. Played for a bit, without any further problems. Looks quite nice so far. Love the writing.

3 Likes

@kaiman that’s awesome! Hope you enjoy it! It seems lots of people are having problems, specially on mac. I think I’m going to wait for the PS4 retail version coming out next month. It looks like a fun game to play with the family.

1 Like