TWP sales breakdown by country

Couldn´t turn out any worse than the original DOTT german dub… :grimacing:

Oh, come on - it wasn’t that bad.

The guy who does Bernard is absolutly dreadful. Hoagie is okay I guess. But you can tell they couldn´t always get professionals. Sam and Max was a major step up(except for instance the kidnapper in the intro, he´s awful). The Dig is perfect and after that it worked out good. But by the time of DOTT they obviously hadn´t worked it out yet.

I’m sure that with all the effort we (forum’s users) are putting in making things for this game, we can dub Thimbleweed Park with a good quality, even if we are not professionals.

No, no, no. I don’t agree here. He is not a good actor, yes. But not dreadful.

Yup. They used the German voice from Bart Simpson for Max. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t that intentional?

Not everyone of us owns quality microphone.

Don’t underestimate the work: You have to read a lot of lines with the correct intonation.

Me neither. I could use mine of average quality, or even my mobile, if I keep it at 30 cm. from my mouth.

And later Alf for Manny Calvera. :slight_smile:

He´s supposed to be a dork, yes. But the original voice actor sounds more convincing and not as unpleasant to me.

1 Like

Yes, I am aware of it. The difference is that we don’t have to do it 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, within a month. We have time.

Should it ever happen I will voice Willie and use some alcohol…I mean method acting…

2 Likes

Yeah! That’s the… spirit! :joy:

2 Likes

From my experiences is this the main reason why fan projects fail: First all team members are motivated and the project makes progress. Then all of the members have less and less time to work on the project until it’s on hold.

I guess you are practicing already?

2 Likes

If you wanna insult me, talk to my lawyer. He´s the guy next to me in the pink bunny costume.

1 Like

I have defeated him already:

1 Like

I thought the same and it isn’t that bad, but after hearing the original the difference in quality does show. But hey, at least we’ve got the German voices in the remastered in contrast to all other translations.

Oh wow, really? Didn’t now that.

Yes, it’s true. The voice of Manny Calavera is Tommi Piper who is also the voice of Alf. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What?? If there isn’t a DRM-free version of a game I either won’t buy it… or get the “fixed” (DRM-free) version.

1 Like

And in The Dig we got the voice of Agent Scully.

1 Like

They could have waited for a few months with the release of the GOG version, until the game had been available via Torrent anyway. All of us could have used Steam until the GOG version was released.