Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Maybe Old Skies is in a rush to release before RtMI?

Edit: the first impression is amazing, by the way.

3 Likes

That picture reminds me a lot of Control.

1 Like

Those green lines in her arm reminded me of Whispers of a Machine, which I never finished although I loved Joel Staaf Hästö’s earlier Kathy Rain.
Whispers of a Machine

I suppose the green lines are missing. :smiley:

Based on the Dave Gilbert’s comment on discord, I might be a tad disappointed if RtMI was released after Old Skies :wink:
Discord #old-skies

3 Likes

I like the Curse of Monkey Island style of this under-development adventure game. :slight_smile:

No time now to read the long Kickstarter presentation but, basing my impressions on the art style alone, I might become a backer.

2 Likes

Lord Winklebottom Investigates has a release date: 28 July

1 Like

We all wanted to play a sarcastic cow, won’t we?

[I] doesn’t exist - a modern text adventure

This text adventure is interesting because it is a 3rd person game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/i-doesnt-exist/i-doesnt-exist-a-modern-text-adventure

Nine Noir Lives has a release date: 7th September 2022

1 Like

An under development game (coming out September 2022) that has beautiful backgrounds inspired by real Croatian places:

You can see more screenshots in their Facebook page:

4 Likes

An interesting concept: “The Past Within” is a cooperative game for two players, one in the past and the other in the future, who have to communicate to resolve puzzles and advance the story.

It’s made by the same developers of the “Rusty Lake” series. The trailer video is positively creepy:

Coming in Fall 2022:

3 Likes

Interesting. Reminds me of “The silent age”.
So you can’t play it as a single player, or…?

If I’ve understood it correctly, there is no single player option. It really needs two players.

The new collector’s edition of “Day of the Tentacle Remastered” includes some barf. If you are a collector, that’s the only thing you need to know to preorder the game.

(I wasn’t sure in which thread to mention this news. Technically it’s not an under-development game but only an under-development product)

5 Likes

Will SpaceVenture finally be released on 2022 after 10 years of development :thinking:

1 Like

It still exists? :neutral_face:

I don’t even remember if I backed it or not.

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (published by Wadjet Eye)

4 Likes

Forever Ago, a narrative-driven road-trip adventure game where you play as Alfred. An elderly man who embarks on a journey in his trusty van. There was a short featurette about it on the Annapurna Interactive Showcase 2022.

4 Likes

I’ve got that wishlisted for quite some time. Love the aesthetics. Though their twitter has been silent for quite some time … not sure if it’s a good sign or bad.

1 Like

Wasn’t this game called something else before? I already had it in my Steam wishlist.