Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Good question. I discovered it today. :slight_smile:

I had exactly the same impression! I was sure I saw a trailer of the game but I didn’t remember any “excavation” in its title.

It was called “Incantamentum”, Kaiman mentioned it here:

A few features remind me of “The Lost Crown”: eerie themes and a very similar setting.

1 Like

Frogware is developing a remake of 2007 “Sherlock Holmes The Awakened” and they’ll launch a Kickstarter campaign.

In their words:

[…] the full from-the-ground-up remake and substantial rewrite of Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - a dark, HP Lovecraft-inspired story infused with the narrative arc of a young Sherlock Holmes taking on his first big case.

3 Likes

The Adventures of Bryan Scott is a classic 2D point & click adventure game with the lead voice actors from the Broken Sword Series.

5 Likes

The story sounds a little bit like Indy III… :thinking:

1 Like

a couple of our developers (one of which is the lead programmer) are going to get together in an office and put in some 16-18 hour days to try and solve these existing issues.

Ouch… in contrast, Terrible Toybox put “no crunch” in their company policy when they posted job openings.

In the comments on Kickstarter the Guys From Andromeda are heavily criticized for that plan.

A couple of ~12 hour days might work if you can then take the week off but I wouldn’t trust anything that came out of hour 13 onwards.

Croatian adventure game The Uncharted Roads of Marco Polo will be released on September 2022.

5 Likes

Whateverland release date announced: Sep 15th
Plus a new trailer: Whateverland - Release Date Announcement Trailer (2022) PC - YouTube

2 Likes

This is awesome. I’d love to play the whole game like this! Scumm Bar in 3D (tech demo) on YouTube.

3 Likes

For those who like noir vibes, here’s a new point-and-click adventure game with all the right features (noir aesthetic, jazz soundtrack, etc.):

3 Likes

Dominic Armato has joined the cast of the upcoming point-and-click adventure game “Lucy Dreaming” and the developers made a funny celebration video:

Official news.

6 Likes

Monkey Island EGA in 3D for pixel art fans. I think I’d actually prefer this to the VGA 3D version.

3 Likes

Their Kickstarter campaign ends in two weeks.
According to the FAQ it will be basically on all platforms, including GOG:

PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GoG, Gamesplanet), PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

2 Likes

True, true. Btw. pre-orders are possible until 2022-09-04.

Recently they also had Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, sadly I have missed season one (Sam & Max Save the World) which must have happened last year.

Moulinsart and Microids are delighted to reveal the very first screens for Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh’s video game adaptation.

7 Likes

Looks nice! (In case I do a search later: In German it’s called Tim und Struppi.)

I am a fan of this type of setting and I’m still sad that Valley of Gods never got far.

4 Likes

Oh I nearly forgot why I started posting in this thread again:

I saw a Kickstarter campaign for Gobliiins 5 which will be running for another 16 days.

You probably guessed it already: there will be three main characters in this game.
Unlike Gobliiins 4 (MobyGames) which was in 3D this will going to be 2D again in VGA resolution (640x480).

Unfortunately there is no information about its digital distribution yet.

3 Likes

What happened to it? :confused: I really liked its presentation; how the sun illuminates the environment reminded me of Firewatch.