3 Likes

Nice one. There’s @RonGilbert cameo in one of the paths to create King’s Quest

1 Like
1 Like

Thats a strange game…

2 Likes

This one is somewhat weird:

1 Like

WTH? Seems about as much fun as that game from the car insurance commercials.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

This game is right up my alley…

A Simpsons adventure game:

5 Likes

Didn’t want to make a Weird and hilarious games on Steam topic, so here’s

Not quite sure why I have a soft spot for these; likely because they always blow my mind.

And while I’m at it, why not follow this up with Under development weird games that are worth a mention?

2 Likes

It’s still under development? The first time I heard about this was when xkcd made a comic about that.

It was 12 years ago.

2 Likes

I don’t recall that comic, but of course one could simply keep updating it for years and years instead of basically just calling it done at some point. As long as it makes money that way…

Does it make money though if it’s never released? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I bought Bright Memory when it was early access and I enjoyed it at the time. I haven’t played the final version. I also bought Foxtail in early access years ago. I played episode 1 back then, episode 2 when it came out, but not yet episode 3. Same for something called… what was it, Siege Simulator or something? Anyway, point being it’s presumably a sufficiently functional business model.

But… apparently Miegakure doesn’t do that. So never mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last blog post was in September 2021, and it sounded like progress was being made. Though right now it only shows a database error …

That long? Wow. I think I only heard about it rather recently. 2 or 3 years ago. Seems to be one of those one-man projects that can drag on forever, then …

Reminds me of Santira. A game developed mostly by one guy, Schotti. It startet 2015 I think. So now in its seventh year of development.
If it ever will be ready to be published ?