What is the funniest sentence in the game?

In your opinion: What is the funniest sentence in the game? :slight_smile:

“Created by Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick”

13 Likes

I like that one. To me that´s the “Stan Lee and Jack Kirby” of video games! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think of it more along the lines of “Gilligan and the Skipper.” Not saying who’s who.

4 Likes

Oh, but I think I know. Not saying either, though.

There are a couple of times where I laughed out loud.

But I suppose the best one is “Oh, let’s get the *beeping* clown to climb the ladder.”

7 Likes

Same here!
The comic timing of this and next sentences and the pauses in between was wonderful! Any shorter ladder simply wouldn’t have cut it.

1 Like

“How may I be-a-boo of service?” said by the hotel manager.
I’ve heard that so many times that it’s stuck in my mind and makes me laugh every time!

2 Likes

After the bank manager objects to Reyes trying to take something from his desk:

“I’m a federal agent, and I need a paperweight!”

4 Likes

“G’bye! Have a nice evening-a-boo.”

2 Likes

That did make me laugh at the beginning, when the pigeon sisters would say it after every response. Even after a long fourth-wall break about the mechanics of adventure games.

Same here! :slight_smile:

Yeah, sometimes it got on my nerves a bit. I can’t remember any specific examples.

But I did like the one where you first meet the Sheriff, and he says “this cutscene is already getting way too long”. Because he didn’t even try to make it subtle :joy:

1 Like

That one is my favorite too. :grin:

1 Like

Yay, I’m glad! I thought it was a bit of an obscure one.

No! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:thinking:
Now I worry there’s supposed to be a joke in the game I didn’t get.

It is a bit like Woody Allen´s Stardust Memories: “I’m a psychoanalyst. This is my pipe.”

It’s hard to pick an absolute favorite, but this one was funny for me:

:reyes: If by “Look At” you mean ”Smell”, I’ve already done that.

3 Likes

My memory is hazy but I loved the one where the hotel manager speaks about the player character, using one the ridiculously fake names he was given (Frank Zappa etc.).

2 Likes