What is your favourite food?

No. The Sauerbraten gives away may true heritage :wink: .

1 Like

Another Bavarian? :slight_smile:

I’d prefer Franconian :smile: , though I lived in Regensburg for a while, where I likely counted as a Prussian.

1 Like

I guess maybe Indian food isn’t that big in Germany?

Now you’re going to make me drool!

• barbecued rack of ribs
  • jambalaya
  • chilli con carne
  • A good cheeseburger (a restaurant called Byron Burger recently had a special one involving three types of cheese inside, with a separate jug of cheese to pour over the top :drooling_face:)
3 Likes

Yes, that’s true. We have a lot of Asia (especially Chinese) restaurants but rare Indian ones. (At least in my area.)

1 Like

Ah, Indian cuisine. I love the spices they are using.

1 Like

Oh… mon Dieu!!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, if this isn´t a small world! :smiley:

When did you live here? Did you study at the uni?

No Jean Armstrong? Are you sure you are the real Zak?

OK, you asked for it!
Armstrong_Dancing

@tasse-tee to join him, play Ace Attorney 3: trials and tribulations. Case 3 :yum:

1 Like

Looks more like “her”… :thinking:

I moved there for my first job. Stayed from 2005 'til 2010, with a 15 month absence in between, which I spent at one of our customers in Oregon. Thinking back at that time, the “food” I’d learned to cherish in Regensburg was the Händelmaier sweet mustard. In Oregon I definitely enjoyed the Clam Chowder.

1 Like

Fungi, Margherita, and probably some generic vegetarian option (typically with mushrooms and bell peppers).

I’ve played 'em all except for The Great Ace Attorney. :wink:

1 Like

We put that on most everything here. Bratwurst, Leberkäse, Weißwurst etc etc. That it is really difficult to explain even in munich what kind of mustard you want with your meat, because they often don´t have that. I´m just too used to that, I don´t want anything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally understandable :slight_smile: .

1 Like

When I read that, the first thing that came to my mind was this sweet:

I like it, we call it prussiana, which actually means Prussian… but I don’t know why.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know its name.
i loved it, as a kid. 1% sugar, 1% flour, 98% butter.

1 Like

In Germany we call them “Schweineohren” or “Schweinsohren” (= ear of a pig). The English name is “Palmier”. In Germany they had often an icing with chocolate.

2 Likes

That’s my kind of food!

3 Likes

Yeah, I also loved these:

But these are different. More dry, more compact and dense, less sweet, with a hint of salt.

1 Like