What would you put in Room 101?

Yep. I didn’t buy it as a potted plant :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:door: people who farts on the plane

1 Like

worse yet… she ate a whole packet of dill.

Still, dill beats fennel!
(what a mezmerising sentence)

2 Likes

Tomorrow I shall make fennel tisane. MUHAHAHAHA.

So farting in a plane is Ok? :thinking:

3 Likes

:thinking:

errrr.

1 Like

:door: Ed Sheeran and pretty much all modern popular music

God it’s all so lifeless, empty, bland, cookie cutter carbon copies of each other

2 Likes

:door: people who don’t hold the door for others
:door: people who don’t say ‘thank you’ when you hold the door for them
:door: people who, instead of taking the door, walk right through it
:door: people who take five hours to get to the door while you stand there holding it

This post was sponsored by Doors UK, the easy way to enter and exit a room.

6 Likes

I can’t remember that someone has hold the door for me. Every time I am the one who is holding the door for others… Has someone made a similar experience or does this happen just me?

All of those have happened to me so often. I always hold doors. The chance of people saying “Thank You” is like 25% at best and when they do it is more often than not with a slight tone of surprise. And I´ve often had doors fall flat into my face because I expected more of others.

People have held open the doors for me, too.

4 Likes

:door: people who gesture you should go first while you are holding the door to let them pass first

3 Likes

Sadly, I have reduced my habit of 1) because of 2), 3), and 4). Anyway, I still do it quite often.

The majority of people generally say “thanks”. In my experience people who don’t thank are either elderly people who are angry with the world, or young girls who think ignoring men is part of the normal behaviour, even if they’re not harrassing but they’re just kind.
It happens quite often that I move in front of somebody else to open the door for them, and they think I’m trying to sneak through before them… :roll_eyes:

Not with doors. I always have a similar experience walking on crowded sidewalks. I’m always the one who turns 90 degrees left or right to avoid the people coming in the opposite direction, squeezing between them and the wall or other people.
I always wonder: if I’m the only to do this, what does normally happens when those people meet each other? They simply bump into each other?

3 Likes

Oh yeah the “must resist eye contact at all costs” kind, they never acknowledge anyone. But the elderly are mostly nice, but those you mention exist, too.

1 Like

I’ve always been gifted (as people told me) for dealing with elderly people. Nevertheless, working at close contact with seniors makes you learn a lot of things about them. After 75/80 they are frequently either very peaceful and pleasant, or, on the opposite, frankly depressed. Those are always reminding you how getting old is awful, and some even tell me they want to die. I think those two opposite moods are the result of the different reaction of what I call “the third age crisis”, when people realizes they are entering the last part of their life.
That transition phase, from 60 to 75, can lead to expose their worst sides of their character.

2 Likes

It all depends on the life they lead, I suppose. Our grandparents generation were marked by the war. Our parents generation by the excessive lifestyles that included drugs and alcohol. All those things change the way you are in the later years of your life I guess.

2 Likes

What I like in norther european girls (including german girls, too) is that I find this attitude much less common than in Italy. Maybe it’s also italian men’s fault…

1 Like

Oh, to my experience german girls are lot like that, too. Or germans in general.

I seem to have made the experience that people in austria are generally more open towards strangers. You get lots of more eye contact, smiles, friendly help, casual chats, greetings on the streets than in germany. And most of all everyone is using the informal form of “du” instead of “sie” which is standard among strangers in germany.

I don´t know, austrians are the buddy type. I like that.

1 Like

:door: doors that have a handle when they are push doors

Infuriating, if I could count the amount of seconds spent trying to get out or in a building/room I’d probably gain back a full day of my life

3 Likes

:door: Clients that change their mind after you’ve spent all day working on something.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah! I can add one:

:door: Clients that need the results of your work yesterday. After a night shift they are telling you, that they will look at your work in the next week because they are having a vacation first…

3 Likes