What would you put in Room 101?

I don’t know what it tastes like. Maybe I’ve eaten it before, but didn’t know it was dill. Now I’m curious…

Go buy some and eat it. Then tell me you love it and I’ll have a little cry.

1 Like

I believe you do really remember every episode, thus you search on YouTube to provide us the correct clip.

Exactly. Italian has a lot of a bunch of many words. It’s incredible. Many way of saying. That’s why Italian quizzes are so popular.

I like 99%/100%. I almost exclusively eat cocoa powder and cocoa beans these days.

I’ve always been an extra dark chocolate kind of guy, but when I first tried 70% a decade or so ago my initial reaction was that it was good but a bit strong. Normally dark goes from ~40-55%, legally merely 35% but most milk chocolate already has that much.

I’ve also always had a fondness for Italian-style licorice over Dutch potato licorice. Potato because there’s a bit of licorice extract, a lot of potato starch, and a bunch of salt and/or sugar. That being said, I do like some of the classic Dutch licorice from the '50s, marketed today under the Oldtimers brand.

I just opened my last package today because of my slightly sore throat… apparently it had a best-by date of 2013. (I don’t eat or buy candy, lol. Unless you count fruit, of course.) Luckily in unopened state it keeps very well. Now Italian licorice on the other hand, by which I mean this kind of pure licorice extract… I could eat that daily. I also just like chewing licorice roots. Thing is, it yellows your teeth so I don’t do it much. Or maybe it’s just that it’s not easily available in every store. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll record something. For now, I’ve tried to figure out better why our pronunciation is so bad:

1 Like

Now, it seems I am the complete opposite of you for a few things: liking extra-dark chocolate, liking licorice, and not buying candy.

Also, since when does fruit count as candy? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yay :hugs:

I’m Dutch, so I also like raw herring, raw milk cheese, and kale.

PS Kale is one of the cheapest most commonplace vegetables you can get. Not some fancy schmancy expensive nonsense from California.

It’s a bit like candy but tastes better. But also, dried fruit is just a high quality candy. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What… that’s just… no. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile:

The whole thing including the stem? (Is stem the right word?)

You are getting more and more sympathetic. :wink:

That you don’t like the taste is a reason. :slight_smile: And a good one! Food is a very personal thing and everybody likes different vegetables. But sometimes there are other reasons beside the taste, for example an allergy.

But you can stand poop descriptions at dinner… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

From my experiences the taste and how “strong” a chocolate tastes depends on the sort of the cocoa beans. There >70% chocolates that I like while I don’t like other chocolates with the same percentage.

Uh, until now I’ve only bought the German licorice. But your descriptions sound very interesting - I’ll give it try - thanks for the tips! :slight_smile:

Which kind of sweets do you prefer and/or do you eat regularly?

In Germany it’s very popular. But I don’t like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup! The top is the best part of course, like in most (all?) vegetables.

That’s why I ask. :slight_smile: The top of a broccoli is the only thing that I can eat from that vegetable. :slight_smile:

Since I discovered the only reason tops of strawberries, radishes, celery, etc. etc. are typically discarded is because people are babies about it (and not that it’s unhealthy) I just eat all that stuff. Much less effort and presumably more vitamins for me to boot.

I dunno, some people think I’m a “health nut” when they see how I eat but greasy stuff is gross and cloyingly sweet is gross.

I’m jealous of gorillas. They get all the nice food.

Yes, I like the broccoli stems as well. But only if they’re soft. I cook my veggies in the pressure cooker, and that makes them nice and soft.

I eat milk chocolate a lot, because I love it! I really like jelly sweets, like Haribo (especially orange and lemon flavours), but I never really crave them.

1 Like

I do that too - but not with every vegetable or fruit. :slight_smile: For example I eat the whole celery (live on stage), but don’t really like the stems of a broccoli. I eat them, but I’m not a fan. :slight_smile:

You mean the Haribo Jelly Beans? Or the world famous gummy bears?

Yeah, but only for 8 or 9 seasons. Not every episode out of the currently 30 or how many we are at now.

Eh, what?

I had to eat a celery live on stage in a theater.

I mean gummy bears and things like that.

Really? Why?

1 Like

Celery I eat either way, broccoli not really raw :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you mean one celery stalk? Eating a whole celery would take like half an hour. :laughing:

3 Likes