What would you put in Room 101?

I don’t think I’m familiar with that term outside of mathematics, sorry. Do you just mean the “spanning” (Eng. Voltage) or something else altogether? Regardless, I’m afraid I don’t own a multimeter. (Yes, really. :slight_smile: ) It’s been on my “nice to have list” for, um, a long time. The problem is I’d probably only use it once every few years to possibly figure out which resistor is broken — if I’m lucky, that is.

I meant your “verliesstroomschakelaar”. It is not like a regular circuit breaker in the sense it doesn’t jump when too much current is drawn, rather when the difference between currents is too high (which signifies a leak current - typical are 300uA in the kitchen and 30uA in bathrooms)
If you don’t have a decent ground connection, such a differential breaker doesn’t work properly.
Anyway, they also have a test button.

2 Likes

Oh, where I’m from that’s called an aardlekschakelaar.

That one didn’t trigger, and the test button doesn’t do anything? It’s not like any I ever knew. Meh, I guess I can try flipping it the other way around tomorrow (but if “up” means it triggered that would be incredibly stupid design language).

It turns out there’s an additional fuse box with four circuit breakers down in the basement. I thought all that was there was the meter. Well, now I know always to check the basement for hidden fuse boxes. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:door: flu/cold season… :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

I once lived in an apartment above a restaurant, and the circuit would overload everytime we used more than one appliance in the kitchen. The fusebox was in the basement, but you had to go through the restaurant’s kitchen to get to it. It happened so much, i would just wander in and the kitchen staff barely paid attention to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:door: Steam oddities.

A few hours ago they posted on Steam that the new Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC was now available. Steam itself says it’ll update around 4:30 AM, i.e., over 6 hours from now.

Then I clicked “play” (as for the current version without new DLC) and it decided to download a 1 GB patch first. I’m sure this all makes sense, somehow… :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t you know that already?

4 Likes

Right, and I’d better not take a swim in my backyard pool. :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s time for @Someone to update his avatar to that smiling Dave in the dark to be canon.

3 Likes

:joy:

:pig2::dash:

(where is the flying pig emoji when you need it?)

2 Likes

or perhaps one of these
image image image

I never noticed before, but what’s up with the skin color of the black kid? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

these won’t qualify though…
image image

3 Likes

:door: Big blood sucking vampire mosquitoes in the night!

3 Likes

:door: The font change that was made for @Someone’s icon on the forum (and anyone without an avatar image).

As subtle as it is, I feel like it changes your “personality” in some way.

2 Likes

Indeed. It was a “strange” feeling when I recognized the new font.

2 Likes

In his case it´s like facelift.

3 Likes

3 Likes

omg how was this not in room 101 already! wholeheartedly agree… and thank you for resurrecting this thread, one of my favorites ones (thanks @PiecesOfKate :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

:point_down:

3 Likes