What would you put in Room 101?

Yup, it´s been going on all day, I keep getting notified about posts from all through last year! This is madness, madness I tell you!

3 Likes

I just got my first edit 14 minutes ago!

It’s clearly going through slowly. :wink:

2 Likes

And the posrts they choose to edit seem so random, now!

No other posts of mine were edited. I’ve been good. :partying_face:

So far! Just…you…wait…

1 Like

Still just this one. :smiley:

I had two more since you posted that.

Here, I’ll force one on myself.

Edit: yup, instantaneous.

Edit 2:

Aha, it hasn’t found this one. :wink:

Mhhh, maybe because it was on top of the post? :man_shrugging:

Full quote test. I possibly cleverly added a space that wasn’t in the original.

Edit: yup, that works for the moment.

I think I found out that if there is a thread of quotes above and not only one full quoted post, it doesn´t get removed.

Weird, if anything it’s too much threading that’s often problematic.

1 Like

I just got one edit for a post from friggin September 2017. Some of you weren´t even born then (accountwise)!

4 Likes

It feels like any minute now the devs are going to reboot the whole system.
Who knew DiscourseTron3000™ ran on tube technology?

5 Likes

:baby_chick: :baby_bottle: :baby:

3 Likes

:door: The electricity going out in three groups for no apparent reason.

The circuit breakers didn’t crap out nor does toggling them on and off have any effect. (And afaik it shouldn’t make a difference but we also tried toggling the mains for good measure.)

It’s most of the kitchen, but luckily not the fridge & stove. The fridge is on a different group than most of the kitchen, and obviously the stove is its own thing. Yet on the circuit breaker it’s apparently together with the rest of the counter in “group A”… you can’t make this stuff up. I ran an extension cord to the to the water boiler under the sink for washing dishes. Hopefully not for too long…

And also the bathroom & bedrooms.

Oh well, at least the ceiling lights are on their own group & the whole living room is also working as it should.

Now hopefully it’ll at least get fixed this week…

Check your country requirements for electrical systems. If yours is in accordance with them, then you’ll know how it works.
Otherwise… I highly recommend you to call an electrician, and a good one. Old electrical systems can hide some surprises.

I assume you did check, but how’s your differential?

I don’t really understand what you mean tbh. Are you allowed to touch things like electricity and gas in Italy without a license?

I currently rent, so I will do no such thing. :wink: I called the landlord and if she doesn’t call me back tomorrow morning I’ll call again. It’s a mildly annoying intermediary process but if they didn’t do it to my satisfaction that would be a reason to move, not to pay for an electrician out of my own pocket. :smiley:

They actually installed this stuff new “state of the art” about a year ago. The wiring and outlets were upgraded to finally be grounded, which we were very happy with. The building is from the '70s and apparently grounded outlets weren’t required until 1981. The modern circuit breakers seemed nice too. In any case, it was then inspected and passed, although the inspection made some remarks to feel important, which led to minor adjustments.

Haha, no. :slightly_smiling_face:
I meant that, if your system is well done, you can be sure about its safety equipment, while waiting for the system to be repaired :wink:.