What's for dinner?

1 Like

I get the impression that some forum members are living a little bit unhealthy …

Breakfast for dinner is the best kind of dinner (and breakfast)!

2 Likes

Doesn’t the Bavarians have always “Brotzeit”?

Now what gives you that impression?

grafik

Well that is some cold cheese spread on a black bread.

But I guess the more typical bavarian thing is “Frühschoppen” (which I could never understand even in my harder drinking days).

1 Like

Don’t know exactly. It was just a feeling …

I thought Brezel and Weißwurst are also part of it?

That is a bit more higher class. If you are just in hut in the bavarian forest or at the foot of the alps it will most likely obazda and some slices of ham or turkey.

Edit: But I see the other resident bavarian is replying right now, so you most likely will get a better explaination. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only if you just got out of bed :slight_smile:. Otherwise I’d be starved before tea time. (Is there even a proper German term for that?)

Now that’s as healthy as you make it to be. Of course, hardcore Bavarians might prefer their Brotzeit in liquid form. They’ll need their Frühschoppen the next morning so the alcohol level doesn’t drop too low until dinner.

There’s also Weißwurstfrühstück. Plus, Weißwurst needs to be had before midday, so it’s not really good for dinner.

I guess it depends on circumstances, but I’ve always associated Brotzeit with dinner. As a kid, my grandma would prepare a warm lunch, and dinner would then be bread, cheese (yes, sometimes even Obazda, or Gerupfter, as it’s called in Franconia) and sausage. Sunday the big meal of the day would also be at lunchtime, and we’re still holding it that way.

1 Like

@tasse-tee zeit. :laughing:

:point_up: Yup, this.

2 Likes

Include a Tasse-Tee Zeit in your daily routine for guaranteed energy and happiness! :smile: :coffee:

3 Likes

I´ll think about it, but maybe not always 2 hours and 45 minutes. :wink:

1 Like

Low calorie, corn, nuts, honey, 50% of your daily vitamin D… plus with soya milk, can’t go wrong…
Sometimes add a chopped banana if you want it to be super-duper healthy

2 Likes

Though technically I didn’t have the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes for dinner…

I had King Prawn Linguine -

3 Likes

That looks amazing :drooling_face: Crunchy Nut and that on the same day :100:

Wait… this all hinges on what you had for lunch…?

1 Like

Fried egg sandwich

:medal_sports:

1 Like

Who can guess what tonight’s dinner is?

Your time starts… now :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Ehm, ehm, egg-bread with onion-potato-salad and chorizo pudding flavored with sweet pepper!

3 Likes

No, but now I want that instead.

The bread might be a bit of a red herringeschaft.

3 Likes

This sounds like a rather painful medical condition for guys.

3 Likes