What's for dinner?

Kate’s piri piri chicken dinner
For the piri piri, mix together garlic, paprika, caster sugar, chilli flakes, onion, oregano, lemon juice and black pepper (or cheat and buy ready spice mix like I did :wink:). Coat chicken in olive oil and spices and marinate for about half an hour.

Grill chicken (I use a griddle pan) and in a separate pan fry the sliced courgette in garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.

For the potato salad, boil new/baby/Jersey potatoes for ten minutes. Cool completely and chop up small. In a bowl, mix sliced shallots, sliced cornichons, chives and mayonnaise. Add potatoes and chill until eating.

Serve with rice, pitta and yoghurt.

5 Likes

Who says my body is in shape? :wink:

Seriously, I am blessed with a pretty good metabolism. I am only 3 kg over my target weight (which corresponds to the mid point of the normal BMI).

2 Likes

Haven’t you discussed some sports in the jogging thread? :thinking: (btw: seems no one is jogging anymore…?)

Or more? Walking the walk rather than just talking the talk.

Well, I think we have to talk about the walk.

3 Likes

I’m gym-ing instead!

Today I’m Pimms-ing. Bite me.

I read that as PMS-ing! :scream:

Walk this wayyyyyyyy, talk this wayyyyyyyyy :snake: :musical_note:
(oops)

3 Likes

I thought that just after I posted it :rofl:

1 Like

Naaaarg… Wrong thread… :snake::musical_note:

2 Likes

It´s as if that other thread was trying to break into this one…

4 Likes

A random lunch

Home alone. Wife out of sight.
Hungry.
Let’s open the fridge, let’s see if there’s something ready for lunch… I feel lazy, I’d eat something cold, if that saves me the effort of turning the microwave on.

I spot in the fridge, in this order: a leek stem. A slice of watermelon. Some pork belly. Some slices of ham. Half bottle of white wine, leftover from yesterday’s dinner.

Ok, who really wants a quick and ready lunch? Certainly not me. Let’s cook!!

I grab the wine, the belly and the leek. I like random goodness that turns out to be awesome.
I put on some water for my pasta. I open the bottle, serve myself a generous glass. I open my Mac. I start scrolling my iTunes, A to Z. One of the first authors, at letter A, is Alanis Morrissette. I don’t listen to her music from 20 years, maybe. Random enough. I pump up the volume. I fry some belly with some leek while my pasta is cooking.

Wow.

Simple and awesome.

5 Likes

I made tzatziki today. This evening we’ll eat it, I’ll let you know how it turned out :smiley:

By the way… are those fusilli?

I ask because they kinda look like girandole by Barilla, and since we only found those in Germany but our daughters love them, if I can find them in Italy (never saw them in Sardinia, that’s why I ask) that’d be good news.

Yes, fusilli, but from an obscure brand. But if I recall correctly, Barilla or De Cecco’s fusilli have the same shape.

Barilla’s girandole are very very similar, but take way less time to cook (5 minutes) than fusilli (11 minutes), so they’re perfect when you’re in a hurry :stuck_out_tongue:

Girandole are also the only pasta type whose name answers the question “how do you prevent them from sticking together while boiling?” :laughing:

Explanation for the non-Italian speakers

“Girandole” means pinwheels, but also “stirring them”

2 Likes

BTW: for the sake of randomness, it was the first short format of pasta I reached (I discarded the long ones, which I found unsuitable for my purposes).

Ooh, I’m curious about that. I just lazily bung together garlic, cucumber, mint sauce, rosemary and yoghurt, but I guess it’s supposed to be a bit more complex than that :smile:

Not according the recipe I found :laughing: it’s just that I had a cucumber that we needed to eat asap and I happened to have also Greek yoghurt. The only thing I had to do was to grate the cucumber 1hr before mixing everything, so it could release its water. I added garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt. I didn’t have other spices, it tasted good, but let’s see how it will turn out this evening :smiley:

1 Like

Oh I see :laughing: sounds delish - it’s one of my favourite dips.

Since it´s so terribly hot, I´m gonna make myself just a Cesar´s Salad with:

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Grana Padano
Croutons
Sliced Chicken Breast
Salad Sauce

Cut it all up, mix it and…you know…eat it. Yeah not very thrilling I know but that´s all I can take today.

3 Likes