Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

When is placed Monkey Island 1?

Can´t see a picture but I´m gonna assume it wasn´t an image of an early aeroplane.

According to the link it must be a picture of a duck duck go - whatever strange animal that is…

That is the question! :slight_smile:

grafik

Meh. I thought you would come up with something strange. Maybe from the The Simpsons. :thinking:

That´s not strange enough for you?!

Ah well then… sigh

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken: Do we have answered the question?

I´m gonna say yes!

grafik

My guess is that we haven’t, because he wrote that it should be in a date between 1560 and 1720, which was before late 1726.

BEEPING 6 years! :ransome:

Yes, but according to the copy protection it can’t be before 1726. So @ZakPhoenixMcKracken: Why do you assume that it must be between 1560 and 1720?

Depends on what year the copy protection takes place.

My guess on that would be 1990.

Well, the game doesn’t necessarily take place in the year in which the copy protection was made. So it doesn’t imply that the story takes place after 1720.

Why? I can see no such imprint there. the copy protection seems to be from a time when there was no copyright law. So, I agree with Someone that 1726 appears to be most realistic.

Party pooper! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (*) If it was printed in 1990 the copy protection was definitely a reprint. Otherwise there would be more/other important pirates on the wheel.

(*) Yeah, I’m using every opportunity to use that word!

But it can’t be after 1726 or early 1727.

(btw: Aren’t Guybrush and Elaine on the wheel?)

Apparently the codewheel was originally written by a mad arab by the name of Abdul Alhazred in 730 A.D. …

because the pirate era in the Caribbean was during that span of time :blush:

Source?

According to Wikipedia:

the Golden Age of Piracy spans the 1650s to the 1730s

But also according to wikipedia Ron Gilbert is a 7 year old circus hamster who lives in a treehouse in south eastern australia. So take that with a big pile of salt.

Wikipedia

Wouldn´t it be funny if @RonGilbert would just come along and drop a random year, because then @ZakPhoenixMcKracken would have to accept that as the Word Of God. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: