Why are you (still) here?

I like to read the occasional thread on here and I’m waiting for more info on the new game

2 Likes

Because nothing beats forums! It’s more focused and old school.

4 Likes

This! It very much resonates with me as well.

This place feels like a dial-up bulletin board system. Stranded somewhere in time and space. And there are friends here, friends that I don’t know but are still my friends. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The memories! The game, the podcast, the discussions… it was a good time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They did, or is this some in-joke? I don’t actually hang around much, but I get the email digests, which make me come back every now and then if I see an interesting discussion in them.

In my country there is a saying: "when a Savonian speaks, the responsibility lies with the listener” :grin:
I have Savonian blood, so never take anything I say for granted :slightly_smiling_face:

We’re not talking about Savona in Italy, are we :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, no :smile:

Why are you still here? In my case it would be better to say: “why am I only coming now?”

Hi Guys, I am a new member of this forum I would like to introduce myself by talking to you about the problem that led me to write in this forum 4 years late! Sorry for the bad English, I have to rely on a translator, have patience!
I consider myself a “sofa player”. I am too lazy to be actively part of a community until the release of “Delores”. On that occasion I had what alcoholics call “the moment of clarity”. I realized that due to my laziness I have lost a lot of good things such as TP’s Kickstarter and everything that came later. “Delores” meant for me the closure of a project that I completely missed despite buying TP at D1. It is not the game that I have missed but the team spirit that has been created through the Kickstarter campaign. For me it was a trauma that generated a profound change in the way I understand video games. I waited about a year searching news about Terrible Toybox but it didn’t, luckily for them they have found a financer (by the way … who is funding Terrible Toybox?). At this point I need to find my redemption and do something to be able to consider myself an active member of this passionate group that revolves around TP. I have devised a way to do this, I hope the members of this forum will like it and maybe start some good discussions. I will open in a few days a new topic titled “Chuck Edmund’s Lost Treasures” in the Fan ART section. See you soon guys! A hug to all the Italian guys who with their presence (unlike how I have done up to now) have shown how strong the Italian community is.

9 Likes

I came for TWP, I stay for the AA discussions (at least once I’ve finished Great Ace Attorney). :wink:
Seriously, though. I’m only an occasional poster/visitor, but I loved Thimbleweed Park and the discussions around it. Even as those eventually died down, I still enjoy the off-topic stuff and everyone’s thoughtful posts. As @Guga said, I prefer forums to social media and this certainly is not a toxic game community. Plus, cat photos. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Did you try our Italian voiceover? :smiley: https://www.gugames.eu/twp_voice.html

2 Likes

I have not tried it yet, but I will definitely do it! However, I was aware of the work that has been done for the Italian dubbing I think about a year ago I saw a video dubbed in Italian. It was Ransome’s batting contest if I’m not mistaken. I have always had a sort of admiration for people who show that they have an iron dedication to their passions. As I said, a hug to all the Italians who have shown with their presence or their work how strong the Italian community is.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t worry, you are not alone, and there’s a dedicated thread to improve your English:

It sounds like a mystical vision :angel:

Uella, benvenuto! Fa sempre piacere trovare un connazionale! :smiley:
(Hi! Nice to meet you! :smiley: )

2 Likes

This is the only video game I’ve played in any meaningful way in many years. I had fun discussing it here on this board. And so, every few weeks I just like to check back in and see what is happening here. And plus–I just really loved the world of this game and this forum in a way extends my time in that world beyond the main game and the mini game and sort of keeps it alive for me, even if just a small part.

10 Likes