Yanny or Laurel?

On the other hand, the one with the slider I start on the right with Yanny and it stays Yanny when I go completely left ( although I hear some laurel coming in too). When I move from left to right, I loose the Laurel quicker.
Freud would have so much to say about that.

1 Like

Quick, make a slider which says “penis” at one side and “vagina” at the other, and become outrageously rich with it!

3 Likes

Oh if I move the slider slowly, I can keep hearing both over the complete range, with the other one fading in.

I go to 11

3 Likes

I deliberately did not read the description before and I always heard “Bran Needle” too at first.
Then I read the description and could hear both Brainstorm (imagine a stormtrooper saying that word) and Green needle by just thinking about the word. I can also hear Gray Needle if I want to.

Green and Brain are the same pitch. Needle goes up in pitch on the first syllable then back down (like poTAtoe, green NEEdle)
Brainstorm is slower and with a slight pause: Brain-storm, with storm at a lower pitch, as in a non-enthousiastic cowboy saying YEE-ha, BRAIN-storm (or a donkey braying)

1 Like

All in all, it goes to show how hard transcribing the #podcasts really is. :slight_smile:

#shamelessplugbutstillontopic

5 Likes

Clearly both. There is a deep fair sounding voice saying “Laurel” while at the same time a distorted higher pitched voice is saying “Yanny”. I haven´t read the rest of this thread yet, but I assume that´s obvious.

In the 2nd one “Yanny” sounds like “eerie”. I tried two different (wireless) headphones. Will try it with a proper sound system later because obviously it’s the hardware to blame. I’m not that old! :slight_smile:

I hear both, weirdly enough.

Years of critically listening to music has made my ears sharp me thinks.

Laurel starts straight away and it’s very bass-ie
Sounds like a full mans voice

Yanny starts a split second later and takes up the high mids and highs, it sounds more digital

2 Likes

wait… no one hears covfefe? :anguished:

5 Likes

I still hear “yelly”. But I’m also the one who always thought “what’s the deal with the dress? it’s blue and brown”

That brainstorm green needle thing, however, freaks me out.

Adults have more earwax than children :expressionless:

1 Like

How can you do this kind of test buy yourself?

You’ll need some sophisticated medical appliances, like Youtube

@Guga I missed that one about the dress

2 Likes

my colorblind friend says it’s green.

4 Likes

Off-topic topic time: I wish it were somehow possible to find out exactly what colours a colourblind person sees (well, in relation to what the colours look like to you). If red and green - or whatever combinations it is - look the same to them, what do they see? Your version of green? Or red? Or grey?

So your friend saying the dress is green could mean anything, as his green might not be your green :upside_down_face:

That is the first thing I thought of when I read this thread. And yes, I still think people who claim otherwise do that to fuck with you.

http://www.colorvisiontesting.com/what-colorblind-people-see.htm

3 Likes

That’s really interesting! But I’m still a bit skeptical… I mean, how on earth do they know what colours someone sees without being able to look through that person’s eyes? Can’t wrap my head around it! :grinning:

1 Like