Your song-of-the-day, based on your current mood

If you have a good one then you can have good vibrations. :slight_smile:

I have mixed feelings: I miss them due to nostalgic reasons. But on the other hand I hated these icemen because it took several minutes until all ice cream was sold and the movie started.

1 Like

Bring your own ice lolly! Wrap an ice pack around it and hide it in your coat pocket! :wink:

Both parts. They use the green (positive) slime at the end…

/edit: Red Slime:

2 Likes

Yes, I was about to post that song too. But due to the lyrics and that I don’t know your problems, I used the ice cream song instead (and I loved the picture of melting problems away. With ice cream. I think I have to try that in a few minutes :wink: )

You can still buy ice cream in our cinemas, but you have to buy it in the lobby. They even give you several minutes just before the movie starts to go out and buy something.

Actually a long time ago I sat next to a woman who has brought half of her kitchen interior in Tupperware containers into the cinema. But I can’t remember what she ate. I remember only wine gum…

2 Likes

Same here. Actually, I don’t know why I thought of ice cream on a stick - it’s always in tubs.
I usually take in my own bag of sweets, because it’s much more expensive to buy them in the lobby.

Really? Hm… Here in Germany you can get “Magnum” on a stick for example.

Yes, the sweets and the popcorn are more expensive than the film. :slight_smile: But in our “smaller” cinemas I’ll buy them in the lobby to support the cinema. (These small cinemas earn money mostly by selling sweets and drinks - at least in Germany.)

Same here, but I don’t think you can buy them at cinemas, generally. They would make more of a mess.

Ah, that’s interesting. Maybe it’s the same situation here.

So for some reason the forum recommended this comment from a few months ago, but anyway…

Order Sinfonia Pop if you haven’t got the album. (E.g. here though I loathe to link to Amazon. The CD+DVD in one package.) You won’t regret it. :wink:

I used to get those at the theater all the time. Magnum almond, to be precise.

1 Like

For some reason I read Portsmouth Sinfonia and thought “That can´t be right!”

Same here! The best!

plays song previews
Oh wow… I’m in heaven… :innocent:
I had no idea this existed! Thank you so much!!

Fun fact: I got tired of waiting for Mika to perform somewhere near me - he hardly tours in the UK, and when he does it’s only in London - so I decided to go to his concert in Rome. In August. During the day, I couldn’t stand being outside in the sun for more than five minutes. :sweat_smile: But it was worth it - by the evening, it was much better.

1 Like

Let’s call this my song of the day:

I probably haven’t had one in over a decade. I’m not really into sugary things though, especially these days. I’m into practically pure cocoa these days. :milk_glass:

Haha, you’re welcome! In that case I don’t know if you’re aware of the No Place in Heaven French special edition? It comes with a bonus album of a similar recording in Montreal. Instead of linking to a particular store I’ll just post a picture, but one of the easiest and cheapest means of getting it internationally is (unfortunately) Amazon France.

I only turned into a Mika fanboy somewhat recently. I mean, of course I knew Life in Cartoon Motion from a decade ago and I adore Big Girl but he just kind of dropped off my radar. Never saw him live yet. But hey, I’ve been to see Clawfinger in Brussels (back when that wasn’t near me), though I’ve never flown anywhere just for a concert. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, I wasn’t aware of that either! I remember buying the normal English CD, then finding and downloading the French tracks from iTunes, but I don’t remember seeing the live versions.
adds to cart :smile:

These days Mika is a judge on the French version of The Voice, and in the past for the Italian X-Factor. So he doesn’t go on tour as often as other musicians might. I always keep an eye out for updates on his Facebook page.

The French version of Staring At The Sun is my absolute favourite song of his :heart:

1 Like

I can report: It’s working. Eshspeshially if there ish alohol in she ice…

ice_small

It depends on the cinema - not all cinemas are selling ice cream from Langnese. The competitor is Schöller but they have similar ice on a stick. :slight_smile:

Well, this weird nacho sauce is far more messier (it’s like liquid concrete…).

The cinemas here have to pay most of the entrance fee to the film distributor. That’s the reason why the sweets and popcorn are expensive (in Germany).

No! Classic! :wink:

2 Likes

French version, you say. What does the non-French version sound like? :blush:

Btw, I turned my wife on to Mika and she came up with this beautiful rendition of Stardust:

On a related note you should search YT for “Paul de Leeuw” and Mika. Paul de Leeuw is a somewhat annoying Dutch TV personality, but he can sing quite well. For example this one but there’s a slew of vids 'cause Mika was practically a regular (for an international guest):

Then there’s also this song, not on any album I own but I don’t really want to import Songbook Vol. 1 from Italy just for one song. :stuck_out_tongue: (There’s also Stardust with Chiara on that but it’s not as good as the Karen Mok rendition anyway.)

2 Likes

I realize she spells her name the wrong way for this forum, but I still like her songs:

3 Likes

So many videos! Thanks for posting them :relaxed:

This!

2 Likes

Just like bloody Blanchett.

2 Likes

Today is the 1st of May, worker’s day.
Traditionally, here there are musical bands playing.
The controversial group called “Elio E Le Storie Tese” has created a song dedicated to this holiday, a few years ago.
It’s satiric, funny, true, and it changes its style like Queen’s Bohemian Rapsody.
Here it is:

Well if we´re going by music for the day then…

1 Like
1 Like