Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

I should probably also point out that I play most of these games on my laptop. I find it more relaxing that way, in spite of the hugely inferior laptop keyboard. (Not talking about the lack of numpad, but about the lack of a proper mechanical keyboard.)

On my desktop I actually prefer to stand around and whatnot with my gamepad.

Did you move him left and right fast or something? Maybe you just thought you moved him?

Nope. Here’s proof.

2 Likes

Oh wow usually he should just free you when you look like that. Guess that´s a rare glitch. Did you repat it?

Pat it! Pat it! Do a beeping barrel roll! #patpatpatpat

sry shntd do 2 things at the same tie

Let’s do the McKracken twist!

:point_left::point_right::point_left::point_right::point_down::point_up::point_up_2::point_up::point_down::point_left::point_right:

1 Like

Yep, I reloaded the same save file and did it again. (Step 1 was already complete.)

1. Used the crystal on Sushi in Zak’s room.
2. Went to the phone company building and gave the alien the crystal, undisguised.
3. Got locked in the cell. A few seconds after I gained control of Zak in the cell, a cutscene triggered where the alien appears in Zak’s room.
4. Put on the hat and nose glasses after the cutscene ended.
5. After the alien says the Mindbender isn’t good for your health, usually the cursor doesn’t appear until after he’s walked off-screen. But this time, it appeared right after he finished talking. So if I click on the ground before he walks off-screen, I can control Al the alien.

*takes a bow*

5 Likes

Don´t forget to retrieve your crystal!

1 Like

You broke Zak !
That is so awesome!
you’re my hero(ine)!

2 Likes

Haha, I’m guessing this is the thing I just did where I lost the verbs :laughing: (spoiler tagging just in case!)

That’s a really clever idea.

I’m playing on though to see what happens.

Oh here they come, good. Come on little verbies. Theeeere you go.

3 Likes

It’s occurring to me there a quite a few things in TWP that help with Zak. I thought that might happen.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome glitch!

I wonder if it’s a glitch in the FM-Towns version or if it’s repeatable in other versions.

Only one way to find out: try it! :grin:

Arrrrgh I spent so long trying different things on the floorboards and it turns out my first try with the tool kit was right, except I had to open it first. Doi :crazy_face: :smile:

Oh, so it led me to that place I’d already been. :expressionless:

3 Likes

I guess Zak could give a hint to do this first. But otherwise it’s a neat idea to keep the inventory tidy!

Btw. what you are talking about (floorboards) I have only discovered years after completing Zak the first time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair I probably should’ve known to try that. It’s pretty typical for those types of inventory items. Silly Kate.

Oh, really? That makes me feel better :slightly_smiling_face:

Only if you know that you can close it again! I sure didn’t. I like my inventories long and messy…

It would be nice to be able to reorganize it a little bit like in slightly newer games but I don’t miss it much.

I can understand this, I’m not such a big inventory item opener myself…

1 Like