Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

eternity

(not a spoiler for you, just a comment)

2 Likes

Whoa, I felt such childish giddiness when I spotted these three letters on the right (people with money problems, don’t read):

scummvm00065

Chapeau, game. Chapeau.

3 Likes

(actual spoiler, if you didn’t pass that point yet): only if you have bad Karma and needed to cleanse it first… Did you have clean Karma?

1 Like

Also people who don’t recognize this scene when they pinch their eyes, don’t read
(That would be you for sure, @tasse-tee! @PiecesOfKate perhaps)

2 Likes

Mine was clean as a whistle. What happens if it’s not?

Time for a quick poll, so we can tune our spoilers better.

For those playing Zak right now. Did you play before or not, did you finish it before or not?

• It’s my first time ever
  • I tried it before, but never finished it
  • finished it once, but forgot most
  • I replay it every couple of years
  • I can recite the whole game from start to end

0 voters

1 Like

What @tasse-tee said…
I’d say: save, reload and experiment!

1 Like

Just stand there for a while.

1 Like

@Sushi Any hints regarding how to get bread crumbs out of the bread-shaped stone slab?

Don´t waste your time there!

1 Like

Fine, I’ll have a look to see if I can kill you in the drain disposal if that’s what you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, speaking of drain disposal system… I haven’t tried that on the bread yet.

1 Like

Getting warmer there!

1 Like

I did have clean Karma (in the save file where I got Frenzie’s scenario), but the guru takes a long time to explain anyway.

Yeah, I’ve been using that method to tell if something is a spoiler or not. Don’t worry, I can easily avoid spoilers this way, and with a short clue like “money problems” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So why’d you say don’t waste your time trying to get breadcrumbs when that was exactly what I needed to do? lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: oh wait, probably my fault by joking about the stone-like consistency of the bread.

1 Like

But it´s funny. Yak Butter recipe, wife joke etc…

I thought you thought you could get pieces of bread in Peru.

3 Likes

unless, in the FM towns version it doesn’t just say “one hour later”, “two hours later…” but it is actual showing ll the cut material (it came on a CD rather than on two 320kB (+/-) floppies after all)

1 Like

It only does that, thankfully!

1 Like

I wanted to click “I can recite the whole game from start to end”, but I clicked on “I replay it every couple of years”, instead.

2 Likes

Does that include character dialogue? If so, maybe I’ll test you and @Sushi by dropping a random piece of dialogue, and you have to give me the line that comes next. :wink: (And no cheating!)

3 Likes

Easy, it´s not that much.

1 Like