Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

I’ll be sure to try to find something extra-obscure then :smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah, probably something super geneneric that could be said at any time. Pffft.

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem to work.

4 Likes

Yes, I accept the callenge!
I have more memory of the English version, because it’s the first one that I’ve played, and because I learnt English by playing Zak McKracken.
I’ve played the italian version only years later.

Challenge me on the english sentences! :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry guys, I haven’t read the thread for fear of spoilers. My question is: does Zak have unfair puzzles? If so, could someone list only the unfair puzzles here, and their solutions?

By “unfair puzzles” I also mean a situation where you need to visit first place A, then place B, because if you visit B first, the game is still solvable but more difficult, because you risk finishing the money or oxigen. and you have no way to know that it’s better to visit A first.

1 Like

That is basically the way the whole game plays. You may call it unfair we call it Zak.

4 Likes

if I go back, I need to redo the maaaaaaze.

see my worry?

1 Like

It makes it easier at least. But even if you don´t you will find ways to raise more money. Also the places you can visit from each airport are limited anyway. You just cannot fly from any place to any place.

1 Like

not really…
but if you visit place A and B 20 times and never place C, then you’re screwed.

There are no unfair puzzles. Difficult puzzles on the other hand…
Well that’s what we are here for… So if you’re stuck… let us know (blur spoilers to allow the others to play at their own pace) and we’ll give you subtle hints.

1 Like

Yes! the challenge is on
(I also don’t know the game back to front… but I know parts of it by heart)

@tasse-tee, you decide on the rules? Do we PM the answer?
Surely not whoever answer correctly the fastest ? (at work right now…can’t cheat watch this thing the whole time)

2 Likes

Even if you have an order of places, you might not find what you need to progress straight away. And to know what to look for, you might need to explore some other places.

Save often! Then you’ll be free to explore and find solutions to puzzles, then go back and take the shortest path.

1 Like

When you think about it even the word “(un)fair” itself is highly subjective and individual.

1 Like

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders… the fairest adventure of them all.

2 Likes

In all the lands!

1 Like

Make a maaaaaap.

6 Likes

Idem.

1 Like

Remember those fighting fantasy books? In order to finish them (unless you were super lucky) you had to draw your own map to remember the dead ends and traps so you could find the correct paths easier on future playthroughs. So you had to play them several times to finish them once.

That was the way we rolled. :crossed_swords: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@discobot roll 1d20

3 Likes

A thing I never understood well (probably since I played it just one time) is how mazes work. I mean: there’s a precise map (like for Atlantis in Indy 4) or are they randomly generated?

1 Like

:game_die: 17

1 Like