Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

Nintendo Switch

That stone plate looks cosy, let him rest.

1 Like

Twitch isn’t really involved in the streaming. You use an app like OBS, which works pretty much the same on Windows and Linux. This clip was on my laptop in Xubuntu. In the program you set up your video sources, images, stuff like that. You can do much more if you want to get fancy. Anyway, you just click “start streaming” and then it broadcasts to a streaming service of your choice. There’s no integration with whatever chats come along with those services.

However, your popout thing seems to work. Popout the chat, kill the stream, and there you go.

I meant more like a different game. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to call it a puzzle I suppose. I guess it would be if you went there first. :slight_smile: (Actually I’m surprised @tasse-tee hasn’t figured it out.)

Aha! But the other stone plate I found is in the eye of the statue in Peru. And you have to fly to reach it.
Is there another plate somewhere?

This is a misunderstanding.
Forget what I have said.

So, what can you tell me about those other player characters? How are they doing?

Wait, you mapped out all those regions and that’s it :scream:

Hey, wasn’t originally your poll answer ‘I can recite the whole game from start to end’? Tsts!

1 Like

Oh. All right then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Annie has been useless so far. She has a CashCard, but no way to wake up the bus driver.
Melissa and Leslie have tokens, but the tram won’t take them. To the right is a red face with a door, that can’t be opened right now. Got a boombox and a fuse too.

I vaguely remember doing something… lighting a torch in the pyramid in Egypt, which revealed a room with a statue in it, but nothing was interactive there. Now, whether I’ve done that in my current save file, I’m not sure :sweat_smile:

Yes it was… but then Zak taught me a little bit of humbleness. I’ll probably end up in the category “finished it, but forgot most about it anyawy”

2 Likes

I didn’t need that much mapping tbh. Mexico, zero mapping. Sphinx, basically just a map of the route I took so I could get back out. On Mars I did start an actual attempt at mapping the place but I got all I needed there almost entirely by accident. I mean, let me share with you my map of how to get out from the teleportation room to the exit. I think this may have been on the unsaved stream that only @Someone partially saw.

#scanallthemaps

She mostly is.

Oh, I don’t mean anything Egypt-specific. But it’s very similar to your scroll problem. I thought the hints were… fairly loud. :wink:

Oh, that reminds me!

:speech_balloon: #2: It’s probably gonna be a while until I find some more dialogue, so: give me the full headline with the word “Yak” in it. From memory, please!

@Sushi @ZakPhoenixMcKracken

1 Like

Well, you need Zak to show her how. Note that there are multiple objects you can use to wake him up. You could spare one, perhaps. Don’t be so selfish, Zak. How will you ever win Annies heart if you cling on to your inventory like that? you need to GIVE sometimes and not always PICK UP. Tsk tsk!

you will need some cooperation with earth to get through. Have you visited all continents on earth yet?

1 Like

I don’t want to help too much. You should proceed with those other characters BUT they all need Zak’s help so… I guess keep on exploring?

You won’t see/hear me reciting anything from memory :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nor_Treblig

First scan, the Mars teleportation to exit map:

The only difficulty there is that I never figured out how to translate the way the game presents things in a sensible manner, so there’s a memory component involved. But anyway, that beeline was a pure coincidence.

The atmosphere chamber? I happened upon that when I was lost and then I blundered my way almost straight out. I have no idea how to find that place again. That’s what my actual mapping attempt was about, which I’ll show you next.

Oh and re Annie: you might have noticed the busdriver acts like a personal chauffeur for Zak. So while he’s out travelling, the bus waits for him at the SFO airport.

1 Like

Link me to your post with the hints you’re talking about. I’m not sure which things from your conversations with others I should unblur at this point :wink:

Ah! I thought there was only one: the kazoo. Annie has already said that she can’t carry a tune. Guess I need to find more ways to wake him up!

I’ll do some more exploring now to find some more leads. (And map my route out of this maze, so I can get back here later…)

1 Like

I meant the in-game hints, nothing said here.

@Nor_Treblig Okay, I lied. First my Egypt map. I made this after I felt a bit lost following the fishing boat. For my second attempt I decided to follow the sun. It worked. The map was quite useful to exit though.

1 Like

Just think how you would wake up a sleeping bus driver in real life if you didn’t carry your kazoo around which I’m sure you never leave home without :rofl:

2 Likes

You use Sushi? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, Talk To (/Shout At) would have been my first choice, but :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Nor_Treblig And finally, my attempt at mapping Mars.

Now I do actually know how my other map fits in but I didn’t bother drawing it. I do not, however, know exactly how to find the other two rooms! The room with, what was it, a key or something? I found just as I found the exit from the teleportation room. I stumbled upon the atmosphere room lost on the way out. Then I managed to get out after all. The mapping attempt was just in case there was a fourth room, basically, but I figured out some other stuff first instead.