Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

@frenzie gets a bonus point for pointing that out and wins!

Gnik Si Sivle

1 Like

Which is exactly what I wrote at first but it looked wrong.

For some reason, in my teen years I had memorized that sentence as 4-4-4 characters.

GNIK - SISI - VLE!

That’s probably the reason why I still remember it well, even nowadays (and with the Initial Capital Letter)

1 Like

Because you didn´t know what it meant! :stuck_out_tongue:

And I didn´t remember it (just the forwards meaning) and took the logical approach.

1 Like

When does that happen?

When you buy a ticket for the love boat cruise and give it to the Alien

just kidding… when you use the blue crystal on the bus

1 Like

Is Al able to leave the bus?

sure he can!
but you can also keep him locked up

4 Likes

Unbelievable - this game is 30 years old, I’ve played it several times and I still discover/learn new things about and in it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He doesn’t appear in the bus in the FM Towns version, sadly. He appears to the left of it instead.

2 Likes

ZLORFIK.

2 Likes

I also read somewhere that you can get Lou put into the Mindbender if you sell the blue crystal to him after you used it. I tried it but it doesn´t work because there is nothing to sucessfully use it on in Lou´s Loans so the caponian never beams inside Lou´s Loans.

2 Likes

no dice! At least not in the C64 version. Either he takes you after asking where did you put the artifact or he says missed him

3 Likes

Hmm, technically you can use the crystal on anything but it seems some versions only have him coming for you if you actually were sucessul i.e. used it on an animal.

2 Likes

We should all be more nitpicky grammar Kate.

1 Like

But is it weird that this is not my favourite part about you(even if I mostly don´t mind it)?

No it’s not weird. I think it irritates most people :wink:

I broke the game (I’ll post a video later/tomorrow)

1 Like

It seems however to be a thing you greatly define yourself with while, besides useful for your job, there may be better things…though those might be for others to see.

Damn, what speech book did I just eat?

1 Like

In the C64 version he always comes for you. However, once you know how to use it he refuses to use it on anything but animals.

1 Like