Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

Then get yourself on a desktop and see what’s in that link!!! :grinning:

OH MY GOD DROP EVERYTHING AND DO THAT RIGHT NOW!!!

3 Likes

immagine

Oh, wow! Didn’t believe to have scored so much!
It’s incredible how my memory works.
Maybe a little fuzzy, but I still remember what I did many years ago, even the epilogue (I had to stop and think, I admit).
This experience make me believe that what we love, we never forget.

2 Likes

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken have you ever seen this?

http://www.old-computer-mags.net/traduzioni/Zak_McKracken_and_the_Alien_Mindbenders_-_The_National_Inquisitor/National_Inquisitor_ITA.pdf

The National Inquisitor translated into Italian. Cool!
(From OldGamesItalia fan site)

1 Like

So how is everyone’s playthrough procras…progressing?

Yes, it is blue. What was the question?

I finished mine (1st time FM towns version).
I only need to make a clean-up version of my map drawings and post some youtube videos in a dedicated playlist or so.

Considering we didn’t go off-topic too much, this thread is by far the longest on this forum! Even in absolute numbers it is. Well done, Zak! (Or David)

2 Likes

To be honest, I played until the first labyrinth where suddenly procrastination and my work won. But I’ll play it as soon as I have the time. :slight_smile:

And the second longest is the dream thread?

The fact that both of those were started by Kate makes me think she´s got a talent for weaving particulary long threads. I guess that settles the question what guild she belongs to.

2 Likes

You mean beside the League of the super grammar girls?

2 Likes

…which she is the head of, I guess. That sounds busy, luckily enough there seem to be enough tea breaks inbetween to check this forum. :wink:

2 Likes

Didn’t know!! Thank you, it seems translated by a non-italian, though :laughing:
It’s so cool anyway!!

2 Likes

Ask me about Loom… :wink:

1 Like

“Nastro Audio Digitale” (NAD) = Digital Audio Tape (DAT)
:grin::grin::grin:
Well, back then I can’t remember having any NAD, only DAT !

I’ve kind of done the same. I still haven’t gathered the energy to replay the bit just after where I went wrong. So my girls are still floating around space while I play Inside instead.

is it known what sort of creature actually is the scary animal you hear in the jungle? on the hint book it says that you’ll never see him, at least not in Zak’s game, does it mean it really appears in another Lucas game?

As for the FM version sounds, I wonder why they changed the 2nd airport music theme, it sounds completely different to the one on C64

no idea… @David?

It might be another can of gas ?

a lot of the music and sound effects are different (not always for the better - that creature sounds scary and otherworldly in the C64, while on the FM towns it sounds more like a burp ?).
I think it’s just because it was possible to change it and because the people doing the ports wanted to leave their signature. Especially in the airports, the music is intended to sound more realistic and using local instruments.

1 Like

Yeah I understand the reason why they changed most airport musics, sounds like they only kept the one you hear in San Francisco from the original. Let’s see if David knows something about the creature in the jungle.

For some reason I have always thought it was supposed to be a lion? But turns out it actually never says that anywhere. So I have no idea where I got that. I was really convinced that was definitive.

I asked David a while ago what he thought the Guardian Of The Sphinx was supposed to be and he kind of confirmed what was in my head all the time that it was a smaller Sphinx (I actually read somewhere that people thought it was a mummy, that never occured to me though).

I was imagining a very large cat, depending on which jungle, maybe a panther, lion, tiger, etc.

5 Likes