Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders playthrough and hints

I know the feeling, I’d had to quit Zak soon in 1989 cause my C64 Floppy driver broke down at a certain point and my parents never got it repaired, needless to say I didn’t have the Exit Visa codes either, so in spite of the complete walkthrough that I could find on a magazine I kept ending up in the Nepalese jail. Around 2001 I remembered about Zak and managed to emulate it on my PC, finally I could put an end of all the misteries of this game that I loved so much when I was around 10 but could never beat… I really felt like I filled a big hole of my childhood.

3 Likes

Yes, most people don’t think the Sphinx has an interior… but we all know better.

4 Likes

I think I couldn´t have better planned it had I wanted to, the fact that I was at Giza the same year Zak (1997) was was sheer concidence, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in #25 of 1205 messages in this thread, so there’s some 10 minutes of reading still for me…
But: if there would be a “switch kid” in Zak that would switch to a kid in MM, the game would reach new heights!

4 Likes

Like filling the chainsaw with gas!

3 Likes

That’s impossible. Don’t be a tuna head!

2 Likes

Feed Sushi to Man Eating Plant?

2 Likes

But Sushi would die! No sane programmer would enable a lovable creature like a gold fish, or, say, a hamster, to die!

3 Likes

There were rumors that it would be possible by changing the discs in the right moment. :slight_smile:

Huh - that’s possible? :thinking:

2 Likes

Like the rumors that The King levitates in a caddilac shaped spaceship over the bermunda triangle?

2 Likes

Don’t be silly. That aren’t rumors.

grafik

1 Like

For our English speaking minority in this forum the translation of Milan’s meme: “It’s well-known! One have to know it!”

My Lucas games came with Univac 2.2 MB disks, and switching from a disk to another was a five minute job. I have formidable biceps after playing the Monkey Island games. The disks looked looked like this.

2 Likes

That´s still a long shot from making people understand who that guy was and what he was on about, though…I mean if it´s possible to explain that at all. :upside_down_face:

Yeah, I know, but I would like to give the other forum members the opportunity to understand what the meme says. :slight_smile: (And that they don’t have to call the police or something like that… :wink: )

So I´d rather not explain who Axel Stoll was? German David Icke might be a good description that many people can undestand maybe…

I have to admit I tried that as a kid…
I think I had a saved game file from Zak in the hostel on one floppy disk, and tried to load it while playing Maniac Mansion. I’m not sure what I expected to happen, but I had to try! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, what happened? :smiley:

1 Like