A discussion with an AI

Please, tell me it’s a joke and YOU teached the AI the name of the voodoo lady is Hernando. Otherwise, this is all too creepy.

Yes I did, to force Guybrush to talk about Hernando again. :slight_smile:

By its own, the AI came up with other interesting names, but never chose “Hernando” again.

PHEW.

In other AI news…

“AI could improve welfare of farmed chickens by listening to their squawks… The technology correctly distinguished distress calls from other barn noises with 97% accuracy”

1 Like

I mean, that makes a lot of sense. Animals sound distinct when they’re in distress or pain. We know that A.I.s can already recognize specific words when we speak; this stuff would likely be much easier.

1 Like

That’s no big deal. For centuries farmers have recognized distressed chickens by detecting the creak of the rusty pulleys.

1 Like

RTMI will probably have a UI that uses AI, where we communicate with Guybrush by making chicken noises.
This new UI system is probably called HERNANDO.

3 Likes

That nefarious Ron stole the idea from Brian Moriarty’s Loom and just added more chickens.

1 Like

Human-Emulating Robot Needed for Nouns AND Objects

By the way, wasn’t the real name of the Voodoo Lady revealed at the end of Tales of MI? Or am I mixing it up with her secret plans?

1 Like

So, I tried to understand why the AI gave the name “Hernando” to the voodoo lady.

Among all the implausible answers, I got the following one, which I have chosen as canonical because it taught me the meaning of the name “Hernando”:

The name Hernando means “adventurer” or “explorer”, and voodoo involves exploring the spiritual world.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Do you know why Guybrush crossed the Caribbean sea?

To reach the other tide.

(super-original joke curtesy of the AI)

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Paul: I would play these numbers. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve put the numbers on three different types of lottery ticket (a total spend of £4.50), two come in tonight, one on Monday.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to hope…

If it turns out the AI is great at picking lottery numbers, then you can ask it for some more…

Also it will mean its prediction about the RTMI release date will probably be pretty accurate too.

2 Likes

Yes, it makes sense.

Still frightened by the thought that Mr. HAL 9000 might have also divinatory powers.

Naaah…
I trust more this one:
immagine

6 Likes