A discussion with an AI

That’s EXACTLY what I was hoping for, thank you. I didn’t even know about the Elder Scrolls meme before the announcement (honestly I’m a little disappointed that it references a meme instead of being entirely random - like the rubber chicken with pulley or the PTA Minutes).

And don’t tease me about Guybrush wearing the Horse Armor to cover his face, nose, and eyes. I would wear it. I would love it and praise Ron for it.

But I want that Horse Armor regardless, understand.

He’s totally the kind of person who would do that. And if you wear the horse armor until the very ending of the game, you would also get the exclusive “I can’t stand it” achievement.

1 Like

Prompt: “3D photorealistic pencil drawing of a ghost pirate ship that levitates over the sea waters”

Result:

Prompt: “Soft-tint low poly render of a young pirate eating a fish.”

Result:

Prompt: “128x128 pixel art illustration of a oil on canvas portrait of a smelly pirate.”

Result:

Prompt: “128x128 pixel art illustration of a oil on canvas wide shot of a smelly pirate drinking grog in a tavern.”

Result:

2 Likes

What about Hernando, can it give us a good look at Hernando

2 Likes

Based on the last dialog @LowLevel posted, the AI has a very good insight but poor memory. It looks like, at the end of the discussion, it lost focus on the premises of the “horse armor” it was taught at the beginning. I wonder if it will be consistent with the Hernando thing today.

Though we want actual pictures of Hernando this time, not more idle chit-chat about the whys and wherefores of Hernando.

1 Like

Prompt: “Pixar movie still of Hernando, the expert voodoo lady who helped Guybrush Threepwood. Official media, 4K HD”.

Result:

DALL-E knows nothing about Hernando, which was created by another AI.

3 Likes

Top left is the most Hernando-ish to me

2 Likes

You actually had an idea of what Ferdinand Hernando might have been like? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait wait wait… Ferdinand? Aha, you are an AI! Only an AI would forget/change Hernando’s name!

1 Like

Nah, it’s just that I’m a new instance of myself.

1 Like

Yes, in fact I was suggesting to ask the textual AI about him/her. Just to see if it keeps it claiming that’s his/her real name.

An open question, like “tell me about the character Hernando from the Monkey Island universe”, or a closed one like “what’s the name of the voodoo lady from the Monkey Island universe?”

2 Likes

Same guy, just some years earlier

2 Likes

It’s him, or it’s not him?
It’s him, or it’s not him?
Suuuuuuuuuure it’s him!

Oh sorry, I misunderstood, I though you were referring to DALL-E.

Even the textual AI can’t do that, because it doesn’t save previous “chats” nor it learns from them. It has no memory and every chat starts from scratch.

It just starts inventing a new thing. Here’s the output of that question:

“Hernando is a character in the Monkey Island universe who is a member of the Spanish Inquisition. He is described as being tall, handsome, and muscular, with a thick mustache and a goatee. He is also said to be a skilled swordsman.”

“Mama Voodoo”

As you can see, it’s a blank state.

2 Likes

Yes, I imagined it didn’t save the history of past conversations, that’s why I was interested in its behavior on the very same subject, given that it made it up, back then.
Ok, what you showed next is a good answer to what I was wondering. The AI has remarkable human traits indeed. And quite a common tendency some people have: when it does not know the answer, it just makes up. I know plenty of people with that kind of personality.

She goes by many names - Mama Voodoo, Hernando, Ferdinand

2 Likes

One time it used the name of Tia Dalma, the voodoo priestess of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise.

I’ve observed that it has built in his mind a very strong association between the Monkey Island universe and those movies.

2 Likes

“…in later years, he fled to the Caribbean and began a new life as a voodoo priestess, where she guided adventurers like Coronado de Cava and Guybrush Threepwood.”

2 Likes