Atari Flashback 8

A gift from a friend!
It includes two joysticks with serial port 9 pins!
105 integrated games

6 Likes

That’s rad! I think Ron Gilbert would approve…

Now all we need is someone to create a little console version of a C64 with all the classic Lucasfilm games on it.

2 Likes

Isn’t it possible to mod the C64 Mini? (Or Mini C64 or however this thing is called…)

1 Like

I think it is. Connecting a keyboard to a keyboard in order to be able to type is still one of the stupidest things ever.

2 Likes

Let us know if those joysticks are still as ergonomical to handle… they look like the real thing : boxy, chunky, misleading circle around a 4-directional stick to make you believe you can move in any direction,…

And what games you like (old and new favorites)?

1 Like

I have the flashback 6 and it´s awesome (I think they have added only one game each for the last two updated ones). It came with two wireless controllers that need batteries and aren´t very good(very minor delay and just not the right feel). However you can still connect the classic ones to it and you can even still buy them for a good price if you need to!

1 Like

Games included and tested: pong, pitfall, space invaders, Adventure (yes, the one present in the Ready Player One movie).
Joysticks are the original ones: boxy, chunky, and so on.
It’s funny anyway, a dive into the past

5 Likes