Best adventure game box art covers and designs

Me too!

Another example of gamedesigners copying realworld images.

You know 80s, man! :smile:

2 Likes

Turrican! :purple_heart:

Exactly! :smile:

I can’t help, but for me it looks like that Zak wears his underwear over his tights on the cover…

Maybe that, or it´s just the prominence of his allmighty pelvis!

2 Likes

It’s the Superman costume… the secret of Zak McKracken is that his real name is Clark Kent.

2 Likes

Well, now we know that those crystals can´t possibly be made of kryptonite, then!

2 Likes

Steve Purcell draws pants like that.

It’s not an adventure game but kinda… and Les Edwards is Les Edwards :slightly_smiling_face:

the cover art for Hero Quest

2 Likes

One of the oldest and most timeless games in the history…

1 Like

Oh yeah, I also loved the TV commercial for it that was on like all the time!

I mean look at those special effects, that was just a commercial for a board game!

Ah, the times when you couldn´t throw a stone without hitting an Arkanoid Arcade Machine. Good times!

1 Like

Yes, but consider for that period was a great gaming experience! One of the first game ever using the sculpted miniatures?!

Not putting down the game or game experience in anyway down. I´ve heard somewhere it was used to ease beginners into AD&D. If anything I think they discontinued it far too soon (like after I only two years, I believe). Good luck getting a complete box of it these days for a reasonable price!

Are modern games like “Descent: Journeys In The Dark” in any way comparable to it?

Yes, it was basically D&D for beginners as you said :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve never been too much into the RPG world but I do own an original copy of Hero Quest, yeah! Also I have collected the entire Mutant Chronicles cards (has a value of about 600 euro more or less):wink:

1 Like

And here one of the oldest and timeless gaming moment in the history… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This pic makes me impatient for the next TwP Patch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This pic is fun, the left guy (casual approach), the couple (funny experience) and the right one (PRO pose) :slightly_smiling_face:

I also wonder whose groceries those are.:upside_down:

1 Like

commercials, commercials, and more commercials… how awful…:ransome:

1 Like

One of the most stylish and minimalist adventure game covers, Beneath a Steel Sky:

4 Likes