Best adventure game box art covers and designs

That’s some dedication! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the records: At The LucasArts Museum you can find all box covers from LucasArts games. Here for example all Maniac Mansion covers.

Interesting is the FM Towns version of Zak McKracken (or McKraken like we fans used to write):

http://lucasarts.vintagegaming.org/image.php?s=2debaed6069162dc26612ad72f864e46&imageid=98#Zak%20McKracken%20and%20the%20Alien%20Mindbenders%20Front

I liked the “triangle box” of DOTT:

(Edit: Added the link to the LA museum.)

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really Japanese manga style, with Annie who fall at Zak’s feet, while in the original box she is alongside Zak. I wonder how many teens have bought the game because of this box design?

The original box cover of “The Dig” was really impressive also because of the hologram shimmer.

Source: The Dig (Front cover)

3 Likes

The Faery Tale Adventure was released in 1987 for the Commodore Amiga.

Source: The Faery Tale Adventure (Front cover)

Also because of the striking similarity to this:

I even used to confused those two motives, actually. I´m almost sure it was intentional.

1 Like

Just because both images have light rays irradiating from a point?

Not just from a point but in relation to the figures and the style and feel is very close. Also the context, one is astronauts the other is a polar expedition (and at least in the 50s version they also dig up something from the ground).

As I´ve said I even used to mix up the two motives in my head.

I may have at some point even thrown this into the mix:

Also I´ve been waiting for the day the top of a post actually will say “28 Days Later” !

Maybe the artist of “The Thing” copied from this one (1971):

I think you can find countless examples of light coming from a point where it isn´t supposed to come from (like from a body) for some reason this often works well.

A few months ago I posted a video that shows (among other things) that box. I was surprised to discover that the cover had that effect!