Collectors Box: Cover Art

No. DOTT does a similar thing: Every time you pick up an object you hear a sound. And in Larry 7 you hear a “Yeah, baby” if you have found another “dildo”.

Oh yeah that annyoing “whooop” sound.:tired_face:

It doesn’t make “whooop”, it makes “pfiiiiit”. And it’s not annoying. It’s funny. Very funny. The most time. Sometime.

Would you believe almost never?

Well, Almost Is Never Enough!

One of those instances where I really needed to click that link.

I hoped to find something more spectacular. Like a cite from a James Bond movie. But Google has decided to hate me today.

If you really like to make such jokes about the realistically-dimensioned heads on the cover, I would like to read your opinions about the the sizes of the heads on the MM box art, which differ from each other pretty much:

Bernard has a bobble head, whereas Syd has a very small head, seeing his long legs. How do you feel about this? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: For a comparison between Syd on the cover and Syd in the game:

2 Likes

Well Fred´s head is twice as big as the house, so…

3 Likes

Seems legit to me…

Always loved the fact that Syd and Razor are Punk/New Wave musicians who rock the piano like Jerry Lee Lewis.

1 Like

Whether you like the style or not, in comparison with the MM cover art, the TWP art looks more decorative.
I’m really looking forward to the TWP box itself!

Hm… I wouldn’t agree with that. The MM cover looks like a funny movie poster from the 80s. The TWP cover has a more -hm- “depressive mood”. If I have to frame one of those pictures, I would chose the MM cover.

1 Like

Here you go, a 100% more decorative and artful:

2 Likes

Ehrm. Syd looks like this: (Only the C64 version is the real version. :slight_smile: )

Maybe you should renew your Photoshop knowledge …

3 Likes

And yet it still felt like too much effort just for making a point…

1 Like

With that landscape format, the TWP art cannot look like a movie poster anyway. For a fair comparison, we might have to wait for an impression of the TWP box. Maybe there will also be an inscription such as “A graphic comedy thriller by Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick” or “By the creators of Guybrush and the Tuna Head”.

… “A story of lust,…”

Yes, that’s right. But if I have to chose, I would prefer a movie poster over the TWP landscape picture. The mood of the latter one is just too depressive. If I have to look at that picture each day, I would become depressive too. But that’s a personal thing: I don’t like pictures with that mood at all.

Of course!

Even better: My box will be signed by Ron Gilbert (and hopefully Gary)! :slight_smile:

All I´m saying is that I´m having flashbacks to the time legendary movie poster artist Drew Struzan (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back To The Future, Goonies etc…) was commissioned to do the poster for Hellboy:

Which eventually was rejected in favor of this

Move with the times, kids!