[Community Game] Doors in adventure games

Noooooo! My Gloooory!

Or they cheat and use Google - do they allow this help? I’ve played many. many adventure games in my life, but I can’t remember most of the details.

They don’t allow this kind of help but they do something to make this kind of cheat more difficult. Also, some of these players are long-time forum users who were very good at these games even before Google introduced the search service for images. Cheating is always possible but I think that the best players are really good at it.

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t know that something like a Google image search exists. So I tried a few of the images I knew were right on google, and all three times google was wrong. But I think I’m right! I’m smarter than google! At least for the three pics I tried. :wink:

1 Like

Of course, Google images can help, nonetheless it’s useless with these images, except maybe for one of them.

I bet you chose this one to see if users are able to write it correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh guys, I have a feeling that @Someone is slowly turning into Gollum. The power of these games prizes corrupts, I think we should throw them into the fire.

Happy Birthday, Zak!

1 Like

Here we go – the SOLUTION of the game!

01 - Beneath a Steel Sky
immagine

02 - Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth
immagine

03 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 5

04 - The Big Red Adventure
immagine

05 - The Secret Of Monkey Island
immagine

06 - Ace Attorney
immagine

07 - Nippon Safes, Inc.
immagine

08 - Leisure Suit Larry
immagine

09 - Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders™
immagine

10 - Broken Age
immagine

The LEADERBOARD:

1. Gffp 8/10
2. Mario 7/10

Big Red Button

Ema

Someone

LowLevel

6/10
4. Guga < 6/10

Congratulations, Gffp!

Here is your PRIZE:

3 Likes

When it comes to glory…

But as soon as you put a prize in, luck turns on the other side eheheh
But I’m lucky in love! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The game that I was sure to know but I didn’t recognize was Larry. That shows me that I should have played more Sierra games. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have never recognized “Nippon Safes Inc.” or “Big Red Adventure”, even if I knew the games.

Congratulations to @Gffp! :slight_smile:

Ah, now that the cat was let out of the bag, the penny has dropped finally! :smiley:

Congratulations @Gffp!

And thank you, @ZakPhoenixMcKracken! It was a nice quest for glory!

Never mind! I hadn’t known them either. Maybe because both games are abandon-ware. But they look interesting, even though the graphics are relatively simple.

1 Like

I’m glad that ALL of you have correctly answered #9, Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders™ :smiley:

Zak Mc…what? :franklin:

However, I also didn’t know Nippon Safes and Big Red Adventure. I heard of Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth before, but I didn’t recognize the graphic set.

Good game!

Same here, I never played them.

I remember reading more than a magazine review about “Nippon Safes, Inc.” eons ago. It seems it was a funny comedy adventure game. I don’t remember playing it, though. I had developed an horrid and counterproductive attitude of comparing every adventure game to MI1 and MI2.

Me too. Also, I spent much time during the 90s with looking for more games which would be on a par with MI 1 & 2. This hope remained unfulfilled, of course. Monkey Island had spoiled me.

How could I miss Monkey Island? I feel ashamed :frowning:

Really? :neutral_face: Is it because you subconsciously hate the game and/or Ron Gilbert? :neutral_face: Don’t keep your hanger inside, tell us what’s wrong with “The Secret of Monkey Island”. CONFESS!!!

But, this doesn’t mean that you didn’t play any Lucasfilm/LucasArts game back then, does it?

I played them, I just have an awful memory :stuck_out_tongue: well, for doors in adventure games at least

2 Likes