David Fox, Annie Fox, Noah Falstein in The Netherlands in June

The three of us will be speaking at the Flashback 20/20 festival on June 27-28, 2020 in The Netherlands. Annie and I will also likely be traveling around The Netherlands, and possibly Belgium either before or after the conference. Hope to meet up with you!

https://flashback2020.com

7 Likes

Noooo - I will be too far away at that time… :sob:

1 Like

If you’d like to visit Antwerp, I’ll gladly show you around for a few hours. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Few hours? :open_mouth: I was planning to stay at your house for a week!

EDIT: oh wait, I have plans and can’t come… :frowning_face: Sorry Frenzie.

2 Likes

Thanks @Frenzie! It’s a possibility (and it would be nice to see you again!). We were thinking of Brussels and Bruges. We’d be traveling by train. We don’t have our agenda set yet. Are there others in Antwerp, Brussels, Bruges that might like to meet up?

How about in any other cities in The Netherlands?

Oh yes, we also may spend a few days in London either before or after The Netherlands…

I would recommend Amsterdam - but I can’t be there unfortunately. :frowning:

/edit: Oh, and Nijmegen is also a very beautiful small city!

We’ll definitely be spending some days in Amsterdam. That’s only about 20 minutes from where the festival will be.

Thanks for the tip on Nijmegen!

2 Likes

Of course you and @David and Annie are welcome to stay at my place for free at the price of somewhat reduced comfort. Sufficient comfort for one guest; probably a lot worse for two guests. :wink:

@Sushi lives pretty close. I’m not sure if there are other people from the Benelux on the forum.

If I’m not mistaken you said you’d visited Amsterdam and Haarlem? The Hague + Scheveningen can be pretty cool if you haven’t been there. There’s also nice old cities like Deventer, but that’s a lot further east.

Yes, we visited Amsterdam, Den Haag, and probably some other cities, but that was 30 years ago! And thanks for the offer… we’ll get back to you as our plans are firmed up.

I’ll be present, too, with a friend of mine!
We plan to stay in the Netherlands a few days, and of course we’ll be present on 27 and 28 June.
We’ll likely stay in a hostel near the Amsterdam train station (it’s located on the other side of the river). From there, it takes 20 minutes by train to reach the festival.
We don’t have any plan yet, but we’ll be glad to spend our few days together with @David , Annie, @Frenzie and whoever of this forum will be there!
So, any itinerary is welcome! :hugs:

2 Likes

Count me in! Probably not for the Amsterdam part -although I’d like to meet @ZakPhoenixMcKracken in person too- , but anything in Belgium or the south of the Netherlands…
@tasse-tee, time for another visit to the low lands?

@David, if you want a change of scenery from the usual suspects and quaint old cities, you can plan your itinerary to go through Zeeland (on the way from Rotterdam to Antwerp/Brussels for example) with lots of stops on the way. I’d be happy to guide and drive you (and others) around.

5 Likes

I’m busy at the weekend of the festival, but I could potentially come to Brussels! Keep me posted with your travel plans, @David :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, it would be a pleasure for me to meet you!
Maybe my friend and I could add one day, and visit Brussels or other towns in Belgium/Benelux.
Let’s share our travel plans!

4 Likes

Definitely will post here when I know more!

2 Likes

Um… I was adviced to postpone this event (by clashing event organiser), so I could attend… :thinking:
Not going to happen, me thinks…

Which event is postponed? Flashback 20/20? Tell me more!

None of them. I need to attend another event at the same time in Finland. The organiser of the event here suggested I postpone Flashback 20/20 in order to be able to attend both of them. I told him I might not have the power to postpone Flashback 20/20…

4 Likes

I suggest a combination of cloning and attending via VR.

4 Likes

I was considering teleportation… For that I need to first visit San Francisco, Seattle, Katmandu, Miami, Nepal, Mexico, Peru and Stonehenge. And I’d need Annie to join me in Stonehenge.

6 Likes