Favourite theme songs from our childhood TV shows

Yes, but we met there, by chance. She was not a friend of us. Until that day :joy:

1 Like

I love that you’re a family of cosplayers :grin: (well, two of you at least)

2 Likes

Wait, were you Simon? Or maybe you’re more of a Lordgenome… :grin:

No, that day I was Phoenix Wright. :blush:

2 Likes

Are there any Phoenix Wright characters (besides Lotta maybe) with curly hair or are they all straight?

Yeah, there are characters with curly hair.

Warning, spoiler ahead

Regina Berry (daughter of the murdered circus owner, case 2-3)
immagine

Moe (clown of the circus, case 2-3)
immagine

Dahlia Hawthorne (crucial character across cases 3-1, 3-4, 3-5)
immagine

Oh, and I was forgetting… the chef!
immagine

2 Likes

Lupin! (Rupan Sansei)

Singer: Gli Amici di Lupin
Music: Ninni Carucci

Lyrics: Alessandra Valeri Manera

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! x3
Oh ooh!

Di Lupin al mondo uno ce n’è,
sempre pronto all’avventura lui è,
un tesoro al sicuro non è
se c’è lì attorno Lupin, oh Lupin!

Con il rischio gioca sempre perché
per lui nulla d’impossibile c’è,
sempre molto audace, questo è Lupin.

Chorus
Lupin, Lupin, l’incorreggibile!
Lupin, Lupin, l’inafferrabile!
Lupin, Lupin, ineguagliabile sei!

Lupin, Lupin, l’incorreggibile!
Lupin, Lupin, l’inafferrabile!
Lupin, Lupin, l’ineguagliabile sempre all’avventura tu vai!

(sei furbo Lupin!)

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! x3
Oh ooh!

Dove stia Lupin nessuno lo sa,
ma lui certamente comparirà
dove c’è un tesoro se lo vorrà
allora lui arriverà, oh Lupin!

Zenigata l’ispettore lo sa
E il tesoro quindi sorveglierà
Ma Lupin allerta sempre lui starà.

Chorus

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! x3
Oh ooh!

4 Likes

YES, it was an original italian song.
But you will be surprised to know that, meanwhile, in Spain… the intro of Holly e Benji (Captain Tsubasa)… is…
please, listen… :smiley:

2 Likes

oh yeah! :slight_smile:

I took a shot at translating that poem…

To a little girl

This is the place where grown-ups live.
You don’t yet have to go in: it’s an evil place.
There’s no more faeries, just hormones and never once a happy face.

And in this land each adventure
unfolds the same, of a woman and a man.
And behind every wall yet other walls, never a unicorn nor a bogeyman.

Here, all things have two sides
and all teddy bears have long been dead.
And evil men fill evil newspapers with their evil writings, just to earn their bread.

Here, a forest is but a bunch of trees.
And soldiers are no longer made of tin.
This is the place where grown-ups live… Don’t be afraid. You don’t yet have to go in.

4 Likes

Great adaptation of the original theme tune in the 1960’s for a young 90’s audience.

I was the perfect age for this when I was growing up.

Interestingly the robotic vocal and electric guitar was performed by Aerosmiths guitarist Joe Perry

1 Like

I don´t think I saw this much. I believe I remember catching it once or twice maybe.

The Spider-Man Cartoon I watched, was this:

As well as the follow up spin off

That was “my” Spider-Man!

And of course the Game Boy game!

(about the 10 minute mark is as far as I ever got. Can´t remember if I ever defeated Rhino or not)

2 Likes

The Spiderman intro that I remember came in two versions: American and Italian.
The American one was the classic of the 70s (“spider man, spider man, does wherever a spider can”).
The Italian one was this one, in the 80s:

2 Likes

Good job on evil place/happy face! :+1:

1 Like

yeah thanks! Although I just saw with the shorter line wrapping on my phone that the original had some internal second rhymes going on which I missed. (wonen… hormonen, avonturen…muren, kanten… kranten and bomen…wonen <- no that last one sucks, Annie :wink:)

There’s also been a grave assault on the alliteration of boze … boze … brood. :stuck_out_tongue:

This piece isn’t as alliterative as some of her others, but it continues with the bos/bomen.

Maybe something like this:

And bitter writings circulate on bitter papers which bitter men publish toiling for their bread

Or on the basis of your translation:

And bitter men fill up bitter papers full of bitter writings, which they only do to earn their bread

I haven’t yet figured out how to make the meter match up. :stuck_out_tongue:

well… then again… translating poetry is even harder than writing poetry. It’s probably the most difficult thing to translate.
I went for the quick and painless way, restraining myself from counting syllables (although I read it out loud to assess it on its own),and focusing on the content while happily butchering all the style figures in the original.

Annie M.G. Schmidt is still popular with my children, by the way… spanning three generations of people growing up with her poems and stories. Making her one of the most important and influential writers/poets in Dutch literature, imo.

1 Like

I’ve taken a minor interest in the topic myself:

You could work on it for hours and it might still be an inferior product to a much quicker translation focusing mainly on meaning, imo. But in the relatively rare cases where it is done, it’s Impressive™.

@milanfahrnholz Is this vid about David the Gnome off topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It would be a sin to have this thread and not to include this theme and intro

Not only is this one of the best if not “the” best animated series ever created. The intro exudes such swagger and confidence in itself, and it’s firing off perfectly on every cylinder, the re-arranged driving Danny Elfman theme perfectly encapsulates what Batman is, exciting, dark and mysterious.

I also can’t get over how confident the intro was in itself that it completely forgoes any credits or title lettering, the word “Batman” doesn’t even show up anywhere, so sure in itself that it simply makes other cartoons of the time and even today look like just that “children’s cartoons”

Batman the animated series is unforgettable and artistic without being pretentious.

Just WOW!

4 Likes