Favourite theme songs from our childhood TV shows

It’s a funny how I immediately think of Zak McKracken now when I see the sphinx…

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it back in the day. It was one of my favorites to be sure.

1 Like

How many telephone lines does that house have?! :joy:

1 Like

Without portable phones, you need a phone in every room! I guess. :angel:

1 Like

Still holds up for sure! I´d really like to revisit the whole thing again. Not even really children´s stuff though I loved it as a kid.

Maybe I rent Mask Of The Phantasm on amazon or something.

1 Like

IMHO, Mask of the Phantasm is inferior to the average of Batman the animated series.

I haven´t seen it since I bought the VHS when it came out to be honest. There are several episodes I remember fondly though like that one where Bruce Wayne has a nightmare involving a clocktower and the Mad Hatter…

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it, period. :slight_smile:

Is it any good compared to other animated Batman movies? Most of those are kinda meh.

1 Like

As far as I remember, it’s ok. I was expecting more from a movie with the same style as the animated series, but it’s still worth watching.

I can recommend you “Under the red hood”! Probably the best animated Batman movie that I’ve seen.

1 Like

I’ll check it out if I come across it. Unless it surpasses the purview of idle curiosity. :slight_smile:

I just rewatched Mask Of The Phantasm for the first time in 25 years. It is really really good. There may be better episodes of the show but as Batman movies go, animated or not this one is definitly up there!

1 Like

Ernest Le Vampire (1987-1991) was a series of very short (about 2 mins) shorts about a vampire that looks like an elephant who has a lot of surreal nightmares. The french are the greatest at being weird like that.

3 Likes

With tusks that looks like fangs… or vice versa… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I remember him too! :slight_smile: Great find!

That´s fantastic! Where do you remember seeing it?

That’s a really good question and I’m thinking about it since I read your post. These little films were part of a bigger TV show for kids, but I can’t remember which one …

If your answer is not “Käptn Blaubär Club” then we have a lot to talk about (and I have to open a new thread or even write a blog post, because this is gonna be a huge thing).

Hm… no, it was not “Käpt’n Blaubär Club” as far as I remember, because I haven’t watched that show. But according to Wikipedia it has to be the “Käpt’n Blaubär Club”. Weird. I really have to think about it …

grafik
:point_right: ~ :point_left:

Could also be possible, but I can’t remember that TV show … :slight_smile: Is there an episode on Youtube…?