FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

I know Belgium were the best side in the competition and that is why all of England wanted France to knock them out. That is a fact. They have such awesome players. We are not at that level yet. That’s ok. This is the best of Belgium but we have some great players who never got to Russia 18 because they are injured.

I just think that when Belgium look back they might feel more regret than optimism. This was their big chance, A lot of those players will be older next time some won’t be there. Is it a missed opportunity ?

Well done Belgium :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad we got as far as we did in the tournament. It was fun to watch :grinning:

7 Likes

It was a brilliant World Cup and it was very enjoyable for us getting so far. Fair play to France who tactically out manoeuvred a much more skillful Belgium. Aside from Giroud I think they also had a better overall squad packed with quality.

In England we all prayed that France beat Belgium because then at least we would have a chance, it wouldn’t be easy but if we did get past Croatia then we had a chance.

I hope these players go on and progress but it was just nice to dream even for a little while.

3 Lions got to number one. The Germans think that is their song, Euro 96 was a brilliant tournament itself but I think this has been one of the best World Cups ever. Great football not many 0-0s, a lot of upsets and
we all know in Football, anything can happen and it does and this WC proved reinforced that truth.

Great! Now I focus on Manchester United’s Ladies team in the second division
Rangers in the Scottish Prem, Manchester United in the EPL and CL.

Hm. The World Cup final and Wimbledon final are both showing at 2pm today. My ma is coming over and would probably like to watch the tennis. Need two TVs #firstworldproblems

3 Likes

The World Cup final starts at 4pm today UK time. But they start talking about it from 2:55pm on iTV.

5 Likes

Ohhh, silly me! That’s better then :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

#firstworldproblemssolved

3 Likes

U-20. This means those players will be at most 23. I think you’re putting too much hope in it :stuck_out_tongue: they may be good, but I’m pretty sure you can’t base a whole team on U-23 players.

In fact, if you correlate the U20 world cup winners with subsequent results, it’s quite depressing. Spain won it in 1999, and it took them 9 years to win something.

Argentina won it in 2001 and 2005 and 2007. No victories whatsoever since then.

Brazil won it in 2003 and 2011. No World Cup victories since then.

2009 was Ghana’s turn. And Serbia in 2015.

So… well, let’s see in two years :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you telling me that the 2010 final wasn’t between heavyweights? Spain and the Netherlands had never won a world cup, but everyone knew they were THE teams that year. I mean, the Netherlands still never won anything but - except for the fact that they have a talent for wasting their talent, kinda like nowaday’s Italy - they’re always a heavyweight. Way more than England, even if the Three Lions won a world cup (should I remind you how?). This year, Belgium was the team to beat. And I think they might have had more chances if they called Nainggolan.

3 Likes

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

2 Likes

It’s a shame Croatia is not wearing their badass black/red kits today. It makes them look so menacing.

The most dishonorable way in which this goal came about I´m kind of glad that japan isn´t involved in this finale afterall!

Well, that was a lot better now.

1 Like

I kinda wish I´d had an idea how to audio livestream. Maybe I could comment on the match that way. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, now that´s a game!

Boooooo-urns

2 Likes

France. Not even a shot on goal and leading 2-1.

1 Like

Own up you guys, who of you was running on that field just now?

True. I was gonna quote some “we” talk above. That’s part of what puts me off sports except once every four years.

True, there is a clear limit to my personal enthusiasm.

grafik

That´s about it. Nothing more.

Oh btw france is winning.

1 Like

Who is that guy on your photo?