FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

@Sushi you can be ranked first in the World by the bonkers FIFA ranking system but until you have won the World Cup you won’t ever be a Heavyweight. Go drink some Stella Artios to celebrate, this is the closest Belgium will EVER get. Sad, but true. I have nothing against Belgians, aside from Poirot.

When England got taken out by Croatia, the England team was already back on the plane. To no-one back home this game meant anything to us.

We don’t need to come 3rd we’ve already won it ! (1 / 3 times)

whoa, 2-0 … come on England!!

1 Like

Look, I want France to win. The less teams that have won it the more prestigious it is that we have (England).

My hope for the final (and for a good part of the world) is that France loses :grin:
No matter whoever is against France.

1 Like

No-one in England cares. 3rd or 4th isn’t any different, in reality we got knocked out in the semis just like Belgium. Yeah, it is a massive thing to Belgium, I understand, the under achievers they are with the players they have aside from Elbows they have technically some of the best players in the world which makes it more disappointing for their fans to know they were pretty close then got taken out by France.

I am going to regret asking… but explain me why England didn’t try to win the first match against Belgium then. Where is the prestige then?

Any smart person wants to avoid Brasil or Germany. Thing is, we should have gone full tilt and not put out a completely different squad, that way we would have hammered Belgium as it is they beat us twice (no one cares), football is all about Strategy.

Well done! You got the Wooden Spoon I am pleased for you. Go drink some Stella.

Hooray, we came fourth!!!
I feel like that’s what would have happened if the final had been England vs. Belgium (which I kind of feel it should of been, on paper)

4 Likes

I hadn’t the time to keep track with this fast growing thread in the past days, so I’m digging through it slowly. I’ll pick random things out of the thread and write an answer. That will be fun. Only for me, but it will be fun… :ransome:

Let’s start with this:

The game was called “Football Fortunes”:

Then you have a different Zeeman than we in Germany… :wink:

It wasn’t shocking. :slight_smile:

No.

Hm… That’s it already. Surprisingly less off-topic stuff. Now I’m very disappointed. :wink:

It was shocking, the World gasped!

Man, you are a sore loser. For something you claim not to care about. :roll_eyes:
Let’s bury the hatchet and get back to TWP, shall we?

2 Likes

The truth is the truth no matter how Clique-y you are here. :smiley:

No one gasped here. :slight_smile: It was pretty clear that Germany had no chance at all (at this World Cup with that particular team).

1 Like

No I am not a sore loser. I am happy for you but knowing the squad you have that play at the highest level (aside from that complete joke Fellaini), You have some of the best players in the World. Genuinely.
But that amounted to nothing and you trailed behind a poor France. Came third. Wooden Spoon, that is all it has ever been. Do you think Germany? England? Or even France? Would be happy with ‘winning’ 3rd.

Nope. But I Am pleased for you!

Oh, look cute kittens!

6 Likes

Germany has been getting by with the best of Polish players for years. Poland’s team were awful because all the best Polish players have been swiped by Germany over the years.

Ehrm… No.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Besides the obvious history behind that that has nothing to do with football at all and…oh hey look puppies!

grafik

5 Likes

Awwwww. :smiley:

1 Like

If England had come 3rd, we would spend the next 20 year lamenting not getting to the final. A young, inexperienced team done well. We missed our chance and probably won’t win anything for a long time but hey ho it was nice it was a brilliant World Cup, it was a lot of fun, well organised. Yeah a very good World Cup all round.

Roll on Euro 2020. Final of which is at Wembley.

We won the World Cup last year…