Game suggestions for the (hot) summer

It’s still a very hot summer and according to the forecast the temperatures are raising in the next few days. It’s the right time to stop working, grab a drink and play a game. Can you suggest some games that

• fits to the summer (for example a game where you are driving a car in sunny California)
  • is “easy” to play (in the sense that I don’t have to solve very complex and very difficult puzzles)?
  • has a mobile version (so I can play it under a tree)

It’s not necessary that the game fulfills all three requirements, but it would be nice. :slight_smile: For example “California Games” would be an appropriate game.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ah, I can feel the wind. :wink: Thanks!

I just noticed that the original version of OutRun looks a lot like Lotus. I played mostly the (much more limited) C64 version. :slight_smile: I think it’s time to replay OutRun. :wink:

1 Like

If you want something modern, googleing I found this one:

:smile:

1 Like

I think No Man´s Sky is perfect. Doesn´t take too much of your attention or anything else.

I just started to build myself a base inside a cave that I carved myself into a mountain of a rather unhabitable planet. This is fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Snapped my astronaut in particular cool weather conditions in his badass new suit.

3 Likes

Those plants look like giant fingers!! :open_mouth:

Oh yeah…fingers… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Also, are those horns on your helmet, or cat ears? :smiling_imp: :smiley_cat:
The video in the other thread makes me think of the latter.

2 Likes

I thought they were maybe antennas for sending and receving space shit…or whatever.

3 Likes

Would you consider posting coords? I’m wandering around not following quest or goals, stoping by your planet could be a fun ‘quest’. It might take me forever thought, I play it very casually :slight_smile:

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on wanting to reach the center of the universe after a while and started doing stuff like this. I will check for coordinates and names later and post them. :slight_smile:

Here you go. Is the number on my Signal Booster enough for you to find it?

Another shot of the inside of my Man Cave.

4 Likes

Alright!! :rocket:

Not much time to game this month so it will take a while. I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Should you reach it post a photo or something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my favorite series of summer games is the Japanese Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Holiday) series. It started on PS1 and so far (to my knowledge) ended on PS3.

1. It fits the Summer theme.
  2. It’s easy to play, because all you have to do is to have a little adventure in your childhood.
  3. It is great, because you can take them with you on your PSP (except part 3, that came only for PS3).

Here is the trailer.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:Italians…
errrr… oh, I mean… germans.

3 Likes

2 Likes

So how does that work? Is it far away, so you need a long time to travel?
Can you see each other (when the other is/isn’t online)? Can you just enter each other’s homes and trash the place/steal stuff?
Or will Uriel be zapped when he tries to pass that shield at the entrance to your cave?
Sorry for the stupid questions, but I’m an old school gamer.