German dubbing thread

Since @RonGilbert gave his “placet” to your project, we can support you. He’ll give you some official material, but we can be of help as well. We were waiting his reply before writing in this thread…

Anyway… I’ll give you some suggestions.

1. as others said, start and publish. People will follow.
  2. we thought it was of primary importance to advertise on the internet in order to get actors. Sadly, the people who we summoned through the net was also the less reliable. The most reliable persons are your friends, or the friends of friends, especially if you record with them
  3. It is very important to have a “core team” of 2-3 people. this core team should have good informatic knowledge, some acting experience, and possibly a good recording gear
  4. techincal aspects: do a lot of trial and error. Having a good equipment is important, but not as vital as knowing how to take advantage of what you have. I mean: if you take a 400EUR mic and record in your kitchen, you’ll obtain a worse result than if you use your cell phone in the right way (details will follow, if needed)
  5. acting skills: you’ll be amazed of the skills of some amateurs. But they are rare. I hope you can find a very good amateur actor (maybe one of you) who is fond enough with the project to take charge of the direction of the others. If well directed, a disastrous performance can become acceptable, and an acceptable performance can significantly improve.
  6. casting: this is the most difficult part… I think I’ll make a dedicated post about casting in the Italian thread… it could be interesting
6 Likes