Hints for LucasArts games

Sounds like I´m gonna be playing in on ScummVM. :smirk:

I mean I know it´ll basically play out like this:

3 Likes

Yes but with :100: x more wit. But you might not see that through the tears rage.

1 Like

I have a high frustration level. I mean I´ve been living through almost 33 years of it…:grin: :sob:

1 Like

Ohhhh, you haven’t played GF before? Lucky you!

1 Like

Right, I think your only solution is on a C64 emulator, or if you find the Apple II version, an Apple II emulator, assuming you can get the code. Only legal way is probably on eBay.

6 Likes

Recommended then? I think it’s in our shared Steam library, so could be in the running!

Noted :slightly_smiling_face: I shall have a rummage.

1 Like

Sushi made it sound like you haven’t played a lot of other LFG/LA adventure games yet:
I recommend every single of them!

GF just happens to be my favourite 3D adventure game of all time. :skull:
Although… it would be more appropriate to wait 352 days before starting a playthrough.

5 Likes

Correct, but very very… very expensive and rare. Unfortunately. Worse than MM or Zak even.
Like this one …
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LABYRINTH-by-Lucasfilm-Commodore-C64-BIG-BOXED-SEALED-COLLECTIBLE-english/264016569299?hash=item3d789d23d3:g:q0UAAOSwxN5WV3RM
€2000? Really?

Unless you want to get a genuine pirated copy…
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Labyrinth-The-Computer-Game-Commodore-C-64-1986-Rare-Lacasfilm-Games-Activisison/223224504599?hash=item33f937a117:g:3tEAAOSwz8Nbgios
That one is only $20. For a “backup” copy? Wait a minute…

Either way, you’d end up downloading the files anyway and put the box /cassette/floppies safely in a museum- where it belongs.

Again, it’s not we wouldn’t like to be able to get our hands on a legal (and complete, well-preserved) copy.
Alternatively, we can also watch a long play video on youtube. (Of a pirated copy probably).

1 Like

Blimey.

No way, that’s like watching someone read my favourite book! well okay not quite the same

1 Like

… on a xeroxed copy.

1 Like

If I happened to have that you actually might be able to persue me (I could make it a weekly thing or something).

1 Like

Well I still think it’d be tedious to watch you read it in your head :wink:

For a long time it was Dracula, which probably is a safe bet.

I have a german translation of that, would that be weird to hear?

1 Like

I might play it with you. I’m not looking forward to having no LucasArts adventures left to play though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Silver Surfer can’t even go diagonally. :smiley:

Makes sense he´s constantly fed up with humanity, with games like this.

Yeah so that was not worth waiting for :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wait you took the christmas part literal instead of checking after having finished the game? :laughing:

I followed the instructions, because I don’t cheat.

3 Likes

Whatever rocks your boat.

1 Like