How is the weather (right now)

I recommend to watch the whole Asterix movie. :wink: (Or to read the comic book.)

1 Like

South America (Argentina), in a small city by the countryside (we are visiting relatives this Easter). Today we had between 15 and 25 degrees (Celsius).

2 Likes

And the word Lawnmower is a great word for accent practice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I can imagine that’s quite a tricky one!

Also, “squirrel”. :smiley:

That’s too far away for us. :frowning: But at least it’s not raining here in Germany at the moment, even the sun is peeking through the clouds. (Don’t know how it’s in the UK…)

I don’t find that very difficult. Or do you mean (a Scottish) dialect? :slight_smile:

If we talk about pronounciation in general: “Massachusetts” is one of the more difficult words for us Germans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No snow yet for me, but it’s been raining and there is a lot of surface water on the roads.

No, I meant the word “squirrel” in general :slight_smile:

Just tried this with my German colleague, and they said this word correctly!

Hm… If it starts freezing, you could do some ice skating on the roads… :wink:

Hm… I don’t find that difficult. Or let’s say: I am able to pronounce it without a knot in my tongue. :slight_smile: I don’t know if I pronounce it right. :wink:

You are at work? :open_mouth:

I assume they are good in English? :slight_smile:

There is a german word that basically means “tail of a squirrel” that is used to practice the bavarian dialect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

/edit: You should speak it a little faster. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. If we work on a bank holiday, we get one holiday day to use some other time in the year (a “day in lieu”). I was already off on the Friday and didn’t have any plans, so I decided to come in today.

Yes, they are. Perhaps “squirrel” is hard to guess the pronunciation of, but if you hear someone another person say it it’s not too difficult.

1 Like

JSquirrel isn’t difficult at all, for me. I’ve some issues with “lawnmower”, though. I can’t understand why “ower” should be almost silent.

anyway, to go back in topic:
Northern Italy, Western alps. Temperature -3°/+5°C.

Too bad my wife has some work to do, so we didn’go out for a ski…
Il spend my day reviewing the recordings for the italian dub, and hanging out here.

2 Likes

Whohooo! Also very nice! Do you live there?

No, it’s a dacia our family have there, one and a half hours drive from home. I go there to spend some short holidays with my family, or very often just with my wife when we want to escape from the big city…

2 Likes

It isn’t for me - I’d pronounce it like oh-wuh.

Ahh, such a beautiful landscape!

I’ve only been to the mountains once - a few years ago I did a work placement in a hotel in Courchevel, to improve my French. That was during the summer, but there was still snow at the top of some peaks in the distance. It felt so surreal, being in that environment.

1 Like

Just like I would! so, it’s just google that has a strange pronunciation. it says lōn-ma… :confused:

EDIT: it says lōn-ma if you write “lawnmower”, but lōn-moh-wuh if you write “lawn-mower”

2 Likes

Same here.

Very strange… :thinking:

1 Like

This sounds as they are yawning with a coarse throat…

EDIT: I meant this:

Seeing those wide open mouths and that sound is making me yawn, too…

Don’t forget that this a computer generated voice. In this video it seems to be a native speaker: