iOS release date?

It’s a little off topic but yes, it is customizable. However, it exists at 20 by default because in general we think one word answers are pretty low value. Why type “Thanks” when you could just hit the heart button?

As you guys have figured out there are workarounds to add hidden text, but in general I do believe discussions are better without a lot of one word replies to scroll past.

4 Likes

But then you get a lot of this, which annoys readers and posters as well:

This is a bit of a special case because the owner of the forum did it, but on forums I moderate I’d delete posts like that :slight_smile:

Having said that every forum has its audience and there’s no such thing as absolute rules. Each community needs to find its voice.

I like these “fillers” more than one-word replies. Fillers can be creative and funny.

Also, they are the result of people who don’t want/like to write more, but other people (like me) are motivated by the 20 chars limit to write more meaningful things.

You have public information about how many people reacted to the char limit adding unrelated text but you don’t have any information about how many people were motivated by the limit to add some more interesting things to their post. So, there is no way to know if that limit is more useless or more useful, in this specific forum.

(I’m incredibly OT and I’ll quit discussing this topic here)

I’m really looking forward to playing the game again (with all the puzzles) on iOS! I played casual mode on my PC and it was great fun and very atmospheric. I was surprised how immersive this game turned out to be, even though I could have guessed it given that @RonGilbert is behind it :wink: Thanks for all the work! Can’t wait!

Yeah, me too. I originally wanted to wait for the iOS release so that I could AirPlay it on my living room TV to play with my wife. However, I couldn’t resist the temptation to play it on my Mac on launch day. I’m glad I didn’t wait, because I enjoyed it anyway – and still got to play it with my wife, which made it an even better experience. :+1:

Once it comes out for iOS, I’ll definitely buy another copy. That may turn out to be my definitive copy for future plays. :slight_smile:

Because it’s a precise and deliberate style choice. I don’t like hearts, likes, things like that.
I started my social media life with Fidonet, I liked emoticons because they’re useful, but that’s it. I feel that pushing it with too many artificial shortcuts to words can make yourself less personal and give less depth to your writings.

Anyway, sorry for having fed this OT, and congratulations to you for your software and to Ron Gilbert for the choice.
It’s THE best forum software I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Amen!

So far it seems pretty cool, although I think it tries too hard to be smarter than me at times, which gets in my way.

I wonder if, apart from myself, there are other backers out there that would pay for an iOS version? I know I really want to play Thimbleweed Park on my iPad.

How about you guys, anybody else with iOS waiting on the upcoming version?

-dZ.

Nobody, really? :frowning:

I won’t buy a/the iOS version. That has several reasons:
(1) I don’t like the closed eco system from Apple.
(2). As a consequence of (1) I haven’t an iOS device.
(3) I have already payed much money for TWP.

But I’m thinking about buying the Android version, if I am able to get a DRM free APK.

1 Like

Fair enough. I didn’t mean necessarily purchase it for the sake of supporting the developers (although that’s great too!). I meant to play on a tablet or phone device.

OK, so you would play the mobile version, just not an iOS version. :thumbsup:

Yes. I would like to try that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me! For me, ipad is the only way nowadays. I almost never turn on my desktop computer.

1 Like

Does this mean you can reuse/keep the controller input scheme from the Xbox version in the upcoming Android port? Playing on my Nvidia Shield Android TV would be awesome!!! And should be easy on your end since Android TV uses the same app APK’s and market listing from phones with standard HID controller mappings.

I definitely will. It will be much easier for me to replay with my free time using an iPad.

1 Like

Same here.
I’d like to play this game on any device but today it’s much easier to me to play on iPhone in my spare time… Sad but true. :slight_smile:

1 Like

19,99US$?
Ronisthebest20char.

Any news about the IOS release date? :slight_smile:

The release date has not been announced.

Also, we don’t know if the developers will announce the date in which they’ll announce the release date.

1 Like